INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Eliminating duplicate entries and syncronize file locations across playlists???  (Read 683 times)

RandyR

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

My library consists of both MP3s made from CDs I've ripped, individual MP3 tracks split from internet radio and some downloaded music as well.  As a result, I have ended up with lots of duplicates files (which I define as mp3 files with the same song title, artist, album).

In addition, I have playlists which correspond to the sequence of tracks as they were played in my internet radio downloads so that I can "replay" the broadcast from individual files stored in the library.

What I would like to do is:

1. Eliminate duplicates and have only one file for each unique song title/artist/album item...and...

2. Be able to automatically substitute that single file location in all the playlists that that song title/artist/album appears.

My question is:  What is the easiest way to do this in MC 11??

Thanks, in advance, for any help and guidance.

RandyR

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

OK...I've been playing with this a while and I think my request for help boils down to this:

I can easily eliminate duplicate entries in my library.  What I need is a way for my playlists to retain the entry for artist/album/song (even though the underlying library entry, which contains the file location, is gone)...and to search the remaining library entries for somthing that matches those fields (artist/album/song).  If it finds something, it will use that new entry in order to supply the missing file locations, genre, bitrate, etc.

Is this possible?
Pages: [1]   Go Up