INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help-MC won't see my coverart  (Read 1619 times)

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
Help-MC won't see my coverart
« on: June 08, 2005, 03:50:55 pm »

Today I backed up my library while I experimented with a few things. Then I restored the library from the backup I made earlier. Now I have lost all my coverart thumbnails. All my coverart is stored in the files and I have verified that they are still there. But, I can't get MC to show them. They aren't there in my view scheme and they do not display in playing now in the coverart fields. How can I get MC to rebuild the thumbnails? Or, is there something else I should be doing to get them back?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Help-I lost my thumbnails
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 03:59:15 pm »

Did you try: Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Build Missing Thumbnails ?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 04:01:05 pm »

To rebuild thumbnails:

Tools
Options
Tree and View
Thumnails
----- Click on build missing thumbnails.

Edit.... To late, Alex beat me to it..  ;D
-

edbro

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 04:13:46 pm »

Thanks guys. But, that didn't work! ?

It ran through all the thumbnails and took over 5 minutes but they still don't show up! Besides, it says that it should be doing this automatically.

I tried removing coverart from one album, reattached the coverart and that one shows up now. Please tell me I won't have to do that for all 6700+ files.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 04:38:27 pm »

Actually, Action Window and Playing Now don't show MC thumbnails. They show directly the images.

Thumbnail images are used in library views and tooltips. MC should make the thumbnails automatically. They are at max 256x256 pixels, cover art images can be any size.

I have had no cover art problems when restoring libraries, but I have only external images.

You could try: Library Tools > Update Library (from tags).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

edbro

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 04:45:54 pm »

Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work either.

Why will MC not see my images stored in the files? Why did I lose them during a restore?

I thought that this was one of the compelling reasons to place images inside the files; so they would always be there for MC to see. I see that is not the case.

JRiver, help please. I really don't want to have to manually reattach my cover art to all my files.

edbro

Help-MC won't see my coverart
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 05:44:08 pm »

Actually, Action Window and Playing Now don't show MC thumbnails. They show directly the images.

Thumbnail images are used in library views and tooltips. MC should make the thumbnails automatically. They are at max 256x256 pixels, cover art images can be any size.

I have had no cover art problems when restoring libraries, but I have only external images.

You could try: Library Tools > Update Library (from tags).

Okay, I updated topic title to be more accurate. 

Upgraded to MC 11.0.286 and I still have the problem.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Help-MC won't see my coverart
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2005, 05:52:15 pm »

Make a new library.

Import some files.

Does MC find internal cover art?  It'll show "Inside File" in the Image File column if it did. (you'll need to add the column in Customize Current View)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

edbro

Re: Help-MC won't see my coverart
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2005, 06:03:09 pm »

YES!
I did what you said and it worked. What's wierd is that when I reloaded my default library immediately afterwards, all the coverart showed there too. I don't know why it wouldn't before. I had even run an import with update library and fix broken links checked but that didn't fix it.  It works for me now but I think there is a small bug in the system somewhere.

Thank you for your help, I'm back up and running!
Pages: [1]   Go Up