INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 - 99% usage when playing wrong file  (Read 1167 times)

DeanB

• Recent member
MC11 - 99% usage when playing wrong file
« on: March 20, 2005, 01:31:14 pm »

Didnt know how to explain this best.

I did my first rip today, and found that i had selected wrong type of directory structure - it created seperate folder for each artist.

Redid it with album folders and deleted all the wrong ones.

MC then presented me with this screen

http://www.samares.net/mc-deleted.jpg

I clicked on it as highlighted, started playing a completely different track, and now runs at 98-99% CPU usage, i have killed process etc. but each time i restart it goes straight back to 99%.

I guess a reboot is called for...

Did i do something wrong or is this something that needs correcting ?

DeanB

JoshuaHorowitz

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say... other than that MC rocks!
Re: MC11 - 99% usage when playing wrong file
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2005, 02:15:22 pm »

Hope I know what you're referring to... [edit: rereading your post, I probably don't.]

Media Center's database/library contains lots of references to filenames. If you move or delete these files using some other program (like Windows Explorer), links to them will be broken. The X-icons next to those rows signify broken links. If you try to play one of them, MC will just skip them and go on to the first non-broken track.

So if you rearranged the files on your hard-drive, you'll have to re-import them (and remove the old references). This can be done using "Tools/Import Files...", or possibly by navigating to the files in Explorer and doing something on the right-click menu. You can remove the old broken files just by selecting them and pressing Delete.

If you're saying that you re-ripped the CD with new options and then manually deleted the old copy outside of MC, all you need to do is remove the broken links. The newly ripped copy should already be in MC's database.

I'm not sure about the CPU usage, but I hope it's not an issue once you get your library in order.

(By the way, MC has a nice "Rename Files From Properties" tool that you probably should have used. It's under "Library Tools" on the right-click menu.)

DeanB

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 03:18:38 pm »

Hi Joshua

Yes you did read it right, i did delete files from Explorer - which explains the x-icons, i also understand it jumping to the next available.

But... - its still running @ 99% CPU usage, i have rebooted, and reinstalled - but still the same - i'm going to look for the database and try deleting it

DeanB

yad

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2005, 07:41:19 pm »

I'm having the same problem.  MC is using 99 % of my CPU.  Just like the old MS Access. 

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 10:34:26 am »

Make sure you're using the latest MC 11.

Try a new library to see if the CPU usage is normal again. (should be 1-2% while playing)

If it is library specific, please email a backup of the bad library to matt at jriver.com

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

yad

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 06:01:25 pm »

?  I have tried a new library and MC is still using 100% of the CPU. 

What do you mean by the 'lastest MC 11'   I have MC 10 and the program says that there are no updates available.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 06:16:16 pm »

Maybe try MC 11 from the top of this board.  It's about to be officially released.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up