INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 and XPMCE remote control problem  (Read 1036 times)

honnt

• Recent member
MC11 and XPMCE remote control problem
« on: May 21, 2005, 11:40:05 am »

Hello all....originally posted this as a "Problem with MC11" thread, but it's definitely a bug (at least for me) and would love for more people to see it and respond....

This problem does not exist in the MC10 build I have (10.0.173), but does in the MC11 (11.0.263)((confirmed in 11.0.274, as well)).
Using Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005, with MC11 loaded, at least 3 of the buttons on my XPMCE remote control do not function. (Skip,Replay, and Stop). I initially blamed the behavior on Promixis' MediaBridge server for NetRemote, but thanks to some troubleshooting help over there, the behavior exists with MC11 loaded, regardless of whether MediaBridge is. Again, this does not occur with MC10, only MC11, and that is without any remote control plugins installed / loaded.

modelmaker suggested moving to 274 may help, but as noted above, same experience. Putting both XPMCE and MC on screen at the same time confirms that MC is "stealing" the action of the Skip, Replay and Stop buttons from the XPMCE remote control, and moves the file highlight accordingly in PN.

Any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2005, 08:56:53 am »

Hello all....originally posted this as a "Problem with MC11" thread, but it's definitely a bug (at least for me) and would love for more people to see it and respond....

This problem does not exist in the MC10 build I have (10.0.173), but does in the MC11 (11.0.263)((confirmed in 11.0.274, as well)).
Using Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition (MCE) 2005, with MC11 loaded, at least 3 of the buttons on my XPMCE remote control do not function. (Skip,Replay, and Stop). I initially blamed the behavior on Promixis' MediaBridge server for NetRemote, but thanks to some troubleshooting help over there, the behavior exists with MC11 loaded, regardless of whether MediaBridge is. Again, this does not occur with MC10, only MC11, and that is without any remote control plugins installed / loaded.

modelmaker suggested moving to 274 may help, but as noted above, same experience. Putting both XPMCE and MC on screen at the same time confirms that MC is "stealing" the action of the Skip, Replay and Stop buttons from the XPMCE remote control, and moves the file highlight accordingly in PN.

Any ideas?

MC catches multimedia keys by design.  This is not "stealing."  MC simply returns that it can handle the key when the system notifies us.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

honnt

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2005, 12:10:10 pm »

MC catches multimedia keys by design.  This is not "stealing."  MC simply returns that it can handle the key when the system notifies us.

Didn't mean for the "stealing" statement to be insulting, Matt. Perhaps "permanently depriving" would have been more appropriate. Am I to understand that I have no recourse but to shutdown MC when I might be wanting to skip thru commercials in XPMCE, or to implement a different solution like replacing the XPMCE remote driver and handling those functions via Girder, etc.?  I guess I'm just really surprised that I'm the only one out here that loves MC but only uses it for music management and not everything HTPC related.....

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC11 and XPMCE remote control problem
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2005, 12:51:24 pm »

Next build:

Changed: Added support for a few more multimedia keys like fast forward, rewind, channel up, channel down, etc. (improves MCE remote support)
NEW: Added Options > General > Advanced > Media key mode for changing how MC catches hotkeys on systems where the automatic handler doesn't work as expected.

Pick "App commands" for "Options > General > Advanced > Media key mode" and MC will only handle MCE remote commands when it is in the foreground.

Best,
-Matt
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up