INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FM radio support  (Read 1219 times)

Robert S

• Junior Woodchuck
FM radio support
« on: May 03, 2005, 02:47:36 pm »

I would like support for listening to FM/AM Radio in MC. I've got a WinFast/Leadtek card that has a TV tuner and a FM tuner at the TV tuner works great with MC but I have to use a separate application for listening and recording FM radio.

/Robert

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: FM radio support
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2005, 02:55:58 pm »

Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it -- it is nice to get all those bugs fixed), they are concentrating on finalizing MC11 for release and aren't adding new features right now, so it'd be best to ask for this again when they start on v12.

That being said... I'd love to have this feature for use with my ATI AIW card too!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2005, 03:03:16 pm »

Jim gave my same request thumbs down some weeks ago. I found Axife FM since then but would prefer to have it all in MC.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2005, 10:22:40 pm »

Actually, he answered your question with a firm "No", but your question was not "Will MC ever support FM Radio?", it was "Does MC support FM Radio using my card?".

A slight difference perhaps, but enough to give me hope for v12 if enough other users would like to see it!  (Jim seems to be a pretty reasonable guy after all).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 01:45:27 am »

I remember it has been requested at least since the development cycle of version 10, and it hasn't happened yet, so don't hold your breath...  ;)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 10:40:16 am »

I found Axife FM since then but would prefer to have it all in MC.

How well does Axife interface with something like NetRemote and/or Girder?  I'd like to be able to control the selection of station from something like an IR input (usbuirt) from a Russound CAV6.6-based UNO wall keypad. 

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2005, 01:33:51 pm »

Axife integrates very nicely with girder and nr because it can be completely command line controlled. That was the main reason why I bought it. The radio skin is ...somewhat Russian kitsch...but I never use it. If you want to, Axife stays completely in the background, just an icon shows that it is on. That's what I do. Radio stations are selected in nr with and interface in girder which brings up the right station logo. Very nice indeed!

A nice add-on feature of Axife is the permanent time shift using only main memory and not the hdd. So if you hear something which you want to record, you can go back in time two or more minutes... 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up