INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Copy tag to library field  (Read 788 times)

tabalooga

• Recent member
Copy tag to library field
« on: June 02, 2005, 02:36:54 am »

Hi everybody,

I have the following problem: I'd like to create a new view scheme like Label/Album/Artist/Album. However, I saved the Label inside the tags (because that's what MC displays by default, right?) and i guess I can only choose library fields to create view schemes. I can't seem to select label...

Next I created a new library field "Label" and i tried to copy the tags to the new field by selecting Library Tools>Update Library(from Tags) but for some reason it doesn't work...

Can somebody help out? It would be great if i could create the scheme based on the Label info inside the tags. If that doesn't work, how can i copy this data to a library field?

Thanks in advance!

T.

SurFan

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Copy tag to library field
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 04:20:25 am »

Hi,

I Think you used the standard ID3-Tag called "TPUB" for this purpuse. Even if you name the new Field "TPUB" it does not correspond to standard "TPUB" but to a "user-defined" Tag ("TXXX" IIRC) with a "description" called "MediaJukebox_TPUB". So what you need is a Tag-Editor that is able to copy standard "TPUB" Tag to a "TXXX" tag mit the above description. Afterwards you have to "update the library from Tags"

Ralph
Pages: [1]   Go Up