INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Registry entries  (Read 1109 times)

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
Registry entries
« on: June 02, 2005, 12:40:23 am »

What are the registry entries that control MC 11 CD/DVD burning.  It seems as though my registry cleaner is erasing them and because of that I get a message saying that no burner is present or I might be in party mode.  I know it is a registry thing because when I reinstall MC everything is fine.  It would be nice to add them to my cleaner's exclude list.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Registry entries
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 05:36:44 am »

I have never used registry cleaners, so I don't have any idea how they work. However, what you described is quite strange. Almost every complex program writes its own registry entries to Windows Registry. MC options and many other MC related things are saved in the registry. Are you saying that your "cleaner" erases only some of the registry keys that MC uses?

As far as I know MC writes its keys to subbranches in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JRiver and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\JRiver. Additionally, all users have their personal copy of the HKEY_CURRENT_USER in HKEY_USERS. It gets loaded when a user logs in.

How and when does the cleaning take place? Does the "cleaner" have any logging? Doesn't it have something like "trusted programs" defination?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up