INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11: Media Center Folder opens at computer start up.  (Read 1309 times)

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
MC 11: Media Center Folder opens at computer start up.
« on: May 26, 2005, 11:38:04 pm »

When I boot my computer, before anything else can start up, the media center folder opens, then the desktop icons initiate and the other startup programs (vol,ATI,Norton MS Antispy) start up. There is a 20-30 sec wait until the folder appears. This has only been happening since I first upgraded to MC 11.

I just did an F-disk (because of some mal-ware) and reinstalled everything and this behavior still persists.

Media Center Registered 11.0.276 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1653 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145) / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3900.7032 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive X: TDK     CDRW4800B         Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive Y:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive X: TDK      CDRW4800B          Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive Y: LITE-ON  LTR-32123S         Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:32  MaxSpeed:32  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

modelmaker

Re: MC 11: Media Center Folder opens at computer start up.
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 03:37:37 am »

'puter's going to the doctor today, I'll pass your suggestions on to him. I'm burnt out. I had a mal-ware attack last thursday, had to f-disc and start from scratch, of course have had problems (windoze) getting everything back to where it was before the attack. Windose won't recognise my 200gig drives except the usb 200gig backups (from which I'm presently running my library)........I think I'll have another beer... :(...and go kick something.
Jay.

brossmac

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 11:02:29 am »

I had this problem for a while.  I then noticed that I had both a Media Center and Media Center 11 folder in my Program Files\J River folder and it opened to the former.  I had previously had MC10 installed.  So I just deleted the Media Center Folder and everything was fine.

Don't know if that's what I should have done, but it worked.

LonWar

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2005, 06:36:09 pm »

'puter's going to the doctor today, I'll pass your suggestions on to him. I'm burnt out. I had a mal-ware attack last thursday, had to f-disc and start from scratch, of course have had problems (windoze) getting everything back to where it was before the attack. Windose won't recognise my 200gig drives except the usb 200gig backups (from which I'm presently running my library)........I think I'll have another beer... :(...and go kick something.

Jay, On the 200 gb drive, Do you have XP SP2 installed? Prior to that XP only say drives smaller then 130 gb.
If you don't want sp2, then you can get Maxtor's Big Drive Enabler from maxtor.com
-

modelmaker

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2005, 09:28:11 pm »

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1653 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB

I had these drives installed before I had to reformat the C drive and they ran without any problem. Unfortunately, I can't rememmber who installed them originally, me or the shop tech as this tower has been reconfigured a few times, but I suspect that it was the shop tech and he must have loaded some software to enable win2kpro to see these drives correctly. I can't get a hold of the tech until tuesday because of the holiday.

Would the Maxtor mod work ok with the western digital drives? WD doesn't seem to have anything on their site to address this problem.
Jay.

Pegase64

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2005, 04:00:02 am »

I had these drives installed before I had to reformat the C drive and they ran without any problem. Unfortunately, I can't rememmber who installed them originally, me or the shop tech as this tower has been reconfigured a few times, but I suspect that it was the shop tech and he must have loaded some software to enable win2kpro to see these drives correctly. I can't get a hold of the tech until tuesday because of the holiday.

Would the Maxtor mod work ok with the western digital drives? WD doesn't seem to have anything on their site to address this problem.

Check this page

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B303013

or search Google for :

137 GB limit

Friendly
Pegase64

Pegase64

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2005, 04:11:16 am »

Ooops !

I've not seen W2K Pro  ;)

For this system :

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305098

or "48-Bit LBA Support for Atapi Disk Drives in Windows 2000"

Friendly
Pegase64
Pages: [1]   Go Up