INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJ on Laptop  (Read 639 times)

EasyEd

• Recent member
MJ on Laptop
« on: October 11, 2002, 10:17:41 am »

I would like to run MJ on a laptop that is networked to my media server.  I tried loading MJ on the laptop and it would not load, saying the CPU had to have MMX capabilities, which it does not.  Is there a scalled down version of MJ for laptops.  I just want to play the files.  If MJ server is doing all the work, I don't see why anything powerful is needed on the laptop.  I can play individual MP3 files from the server on the laptop using Real Audio Player, but Iwould like to use MJ media library.

Thanks

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: MJ on Laptop
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2002, 11:45:49 am »

>>I tried loading MJ on the laptop and it would not load, saying the CPU had to have MMX capabilities

I used to use either RealPlayer or RealJukebox on a 100MHz Pentium (non-MMX). It would run but CPU utilization would be maxed & system would be terribly unresponsive. Run on another machine w/ a 160MHz Pentium (MMX), cpu utilization would be about 5-10%. You can see MMX does alot for multimedia.

So....you could use either Real product on your laptop, but don't plan on doing anything else on it at the same time.

Xenno
Pages: [1]   Go Up