INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11: Playlist filepath  (Read 827 times)

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
MC11: Playlist filepath
« on: June 01, 2005, 08:01:06 am »

I'm pretty sure I've found one minor bug, and I might have found another more serious one.

I'm trying to sync to my handheld (as a remote drive). The structure of my handheld is that the playlist must go in \PLAYLIST and the music can go anywhere. I'm trying to have the music go into \Music.

When I configure my handheld I set the Playlist Path to "\PLAYLIST" and the Playlist Filepath to "\Music". And here's the one I'm pretty sure is a bug. After making this setting, if I click OK these settings are displayed correctly in the list of devices, BUT if I click on Edit to edit the device again, the Playlist filepath setting is always cleared; it doesn't retain my setting.

Now, the other problem, which is related is that when I sync MC appears to ignore that Playlist Filepath setting and always syncs to the root folder. I guess it is possible I just don't know exactly what Playlist Filepath is supposed to be set to.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 11:10:34 am »

Qythyx,

I fixed the failure of MC to redisplay the filepath and it will be available in the next build. Thanks.

The Playlist Filepath does not have anything to do with where the files go. Your files will transfer to whatever you have selected as the path for the device. If you want all files to go to I:\Music (assuming 'I" is your device drive) browse to 'I:\Music' and name that as your device.

You do not need to put anything in the Playlist Filepath unless your device does not recognize .\ as the beginning of a path inside an m3u.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 06:20:45 pm »

The Playlist Filepath does not have anything to do with where the files go. Your files will transfer to whatever you have selected as the path for the device. If you want all files to go to I:\Music (assuming 'I" is your device drive) browse to 'I:\Music' and name that as your device.

I was afraid you'd say that, and in fact that's what I've been doing. The only problem is that I then have to manually copy the playlist to my devices \PLAYLIST folder since that is not based under \Music.

I guess that'll have to be a feature request for next version.
Pages: [1]   Go Up