INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio 500 issues  (Read 2114 times)

neo23

• Recent member
Rio 500 issues
« on: October 08, 2002, 08:12:08 pm »

Hey Steve, I have had this problem for some time now. Actually noticed it a month ago. My Rio 500 has an external memory card, whcih worked fine in the past. But for some reason now when I upload music to does not show on the Rio interface ( folder says no tracks  :-/ ), but they do show up when I plug it into MJ. This is only happening with my external. Internally it is working fine.

I believe I used some sort of Rio manager to get the tracks finally up last time. But it is a pain in the butt to use. MJ already has all my music there.

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Rio 500 issues
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2002, 01:36:03 am »

Format the card and try again.  I had a RIO 500 and found that the external card would get corrupted from time to time.  I also didn't care very much for the MJ pluggin interface, it just was't the quickest way to select songs and load them up.

Check a program called Riostitude here:

http://www.drilsej.com/rio.html

Many RIO 500 enthusiasts love it, included is the ability to randomly load songs onto free space.  This was my favorite feature.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2002, 06:14:59 am »

neo23,

LarryJoe's advice is sound. Try right-clicking on the External Memory in the left tree and then format the card to see if this fixes things for you. If not, let me know.

LarryJoe,

Have you tried using the right-click "send-to" option for getting your files on Rio?  What specifically is your criticism so we can look at implementing for version 9?

neo23

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2002, 09:42:52 am »

I have done that, many times already. No success.

It seems that 'Riorio' the program I used shows the files there as well. Im going to use this prog to upload the files and see what happens.

**UPDATE

See, using that program the files show up. But when I use MJ, they do not. They are there, but they are availible. Make sense?

Thanks,
neo23 => Shawn   ;D

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2002, 12:05:12 pm »

Shawn (as in THE shawn),

If so, wazzup???

Let me get this straight, when you upload with Riorio, everything appears and plays, when you upload with MJ, files appear but don't play. Right?

If so, please make sure you have the latest Plug-in, I have made a bunch of changes in the last month or so, then lets take it from there. Feel free to email to steve @ jriver.com if you prefer.

neo23

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2002, 06:54:11 pm »

Yup, that there be me.

I did that yesterday steve. The plugin did not change anything.

SteveG

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2002, 05:00:38 am »

Shawn,

Assuming that the files play fine after RioRio Uploads, try the following...

Remove the MJ Plugin and uninstall other applications that access the Rio. Follow these directions to remove all drivers....

\http://www.sonicblue.com/support/rio/default.asp?menu=support&submenu=Legacy_Rio&item=faqs&product=Rio_500_PC#20399

Make sure your Rio is disconnected and reboot.

After you reboot and BEFORE you connect your Rio, download the MJ Rio plugin (this will install the Rio drivers that are compatible with MJ). When you connect your Rio and XP asks if you want to install the default drivers, DO NOT accept the default, instead, point the installation to look in your System32 directory where it will find the drivers that we distribute with the Plug-in.

Let me know if you are still stuck. Hope you are doing well.

LarryJoe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2002, 07:39:19 am »

neo23,

LarryJoe,

Have you tried using the right-click "send-to" option for getting your files on Rio?  What specifically is your criticism so we can look at implementing for version 9?

Hey Steve, I have moved on to an Ipod, but from memory, the RIO 500 MJ8 pluggin was a bit awkward.  I used to right click and add to device and it would then kick me back to the top of the artist tree.  Meaning I would have to always go back to point where I was and continue picking off tunes.  Make any sense?  MJ8's pluggin was a huge improvement over MJ7's though.  That was utterly painful to use in filling my RIO.

All-in-all, in general, I wish MJ had a "Back" button feature like the XP interface.  Everytime MJ refreshes, it kicks you back to the beginning.

Shawn - I don't think you mentioned whether these songs can be played, but I have had situations with CF cards and my RIO where they just became corrupt and I had to send them back to the manufacturer (Viking) or just throw them away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up