INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfering Audible files to iPod w/o converting  (Read 795 times)

stevek1006

Transfering Audible files to iPod w/o converting
« on: June 03, 2005, 11:31:56 am »

I have a number of flac files which must be converted when transfering to the iPod, but I also want to transfer some Audible (.aa) files. These should not be converted. I have the handheld options set to "Convert if necessary". Although .aa files do not need to be converted for use on the iPod, the program tries to and fails (I receive an error stating that filename.aa - Failed to convert). I can work around this by changing options and transfering my audible files in a separate run from my music files, but this is pretty inconvient. It would be nice if MC 11 did not try to convert Audible files when copying them to an iPod. By the way I am using ver 11.0.282.

-Steve

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Transfering Audible files to iPod w/o converting
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 02:40:55 pm »

Steve,

In the future, MC's 'Convert if necessary' option will be smarter to handle the situation you describe.

stevek1006

Re: Transfering Audible files to iPod w/o converting
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 03:04:38 pm »

Thanks Steve. That is good to know. Just a quick thought. It might be easiest and most flexible to simply allow users to create rules for specific file formats rather than trying to make the program too clever. Perhaps that is what you have planned. This would have the advantage of being flexible enough to allow transfers to any device and to easily adapt to changes in a device's firmware or software.

Thanks again,
-Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up