INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cue Points or Cut in Points Help Please  (Read 1503 times)

Gopalsl

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
Cue Points or Cut in Points Help Please
« on: June 05, 2005, 07:12:04 pm »

I have MC9 and just wondering to see if any version of MC can allow the user to electronically tag or mark a cue point so that whenever that song is played in the playlist it will only play from the point mentioned in the cue point profile of that song.

I have loads of songs where the intro to the songs are quite boring and would  love the option to set my cue points and perhaps even select the point where it cuts outs to the next track.

Await any assitance on this point.

Thanks

jgreen

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cue Points or Cut in Points Help Please
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 09:24:30 pm »

Gopalsl--
Cue points would be an elegant solution but I don't believe they are in MC11.  However, they ought to be in the next version, along with track-specific EQ and replay gain settings.

As a workaround, why don't you simply edit your tracks?  That's what I do.  You'll always have the cds as a backup, and you can even keep an edited and non-edited version in the library.  As far as I'm concerned, live albums REQUIRE editing.  The deafening crowd noise, the annoying catcalls?  All of that is added in later, like a lafftrak.  So feel free to take it out, I say!  Here's how to get started:

1.  Upgrade to MC11
2.  Go to Tools / Advanced Tools / Media Editor
3.  Launch the editor and load in your track.  This is a very basic tool, but you can definitely do what you want.  Select the front or back, cut it, add a slight fade, and you're on your way! 

Gopalsl

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 01:49:26 am »

Hi JGreen..

Thanks for replying.. Your suggestion is exactly what I do at the moment ! But I was looking for a simpler version with Cue Points as I play music at weddings and having selectable cue points on most songs would be paradise for me.

Oh well just got to hope that this service is added on MC11.

I have not upgraded to MC10 as I ONLY use it for songs and just happy with this simple use of the software.

Thanks

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 04:09:04 am »

MC doesn't have that kind of functionality directly in its user interface, but MC11 has support for CUE file based playback. MC can read the track pointers from CUE sheet files and make virtual tracks to the library. These library tracks have playback ranges that point to certain parts of the physical audio files.

Some CD ripper programs including MC11 can rip whole albums to single disc image files and make CUE sheets for track information.

Nothing stops the user from writing CUE sheet files for any audio track. The syntax is very simple. Only a text editor like Notepad and a way for finding the cue points are needed. (MC's own Media Editor is adequate for finding them). There are also some freeware and shareware utilities for editing the CUE sheet files.

Some MC users (I included) did a lot of work for helping JRiver to debug the CUE sheet support. Here is the long thread where the results were published: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=23221.0

There are links to the CUE sheet syntax and some third party utilities.

Unfortunately the thread got locked during the spring. Perhaps the administrators felt that some posters were pressing too hard at that stage for getting their wishes included to MC11.

The thread is one of the most popular threads in the history of Interact. In my opinion it could be now opened again for constructive discussion. I would be happy to answer questions in that thread because it already contains plenty of information about this matter. Then I could assume that the posters have read through the thread and have basic understanding of the CUE file system.   - Please, JRiver.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 04:17:09 am »

I have posted the same question some time ago:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27344.0

It would be a nice feature for MC11.1.x or MC12.
I hope it can be made available in a user friendly manner, without to much technical intervantions and third party software.  Sorry Marko. ;)

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 05:06:59 am »

We aim for the same target!!

I will support any beta test in this area.

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up