INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 problems (Ctrl-e, winamp skins)  (Read 1859 times)

pauls

• Recent member
2 problems (Ctrl-e, winamp skins)
« on: June 06, 2005, 02:10:19 am »

In version 11(280) the Ctrl-e feature no longer seems to work.

I am a new user so I may be wrong.  It seems that winamp skins can be used?  Is that correct?  If so how does it work.  Are .wal files possible?  I have tried a few in the skins directory but no luck.

Thanks

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: 2 problems (Ctrl-e, winamp skins)
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 06:49:03 am »

Did you try the lastest 283 build? There was something fixed that had to do with Winamp 2 skins.

What was CNTRL-E? Maybe it was moved to another key
Are WAL files for Winamp Modern? If so, no they aren't supported
-

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 07:17:18 am »

As a test I installed my old Winamp favorite, the AmpEsizer 2.5 skin.

I had this file in the Winamp 2.xx program/skins folder: AmpEsizer_v2_5_by_TriAn.wsz

I changed the file ending to .zip and unzipped it to a new subfolder in MiniSkins folder. It works with MC 11.0.283.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

pauls

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 01:48:10 am »

Thanks for the replies.  Ctrl-e used to be the hot key to switch between mini and standard skins.  No longer seems to work.

I have gotten some .wsz skins to work but one of my favourites was MMD3.  It is only available as a .wal file which is not read by MC.  I don't think they added a new format in the 280 to 283 update but I'll check it out.  I also tried unzipping the .wal and rezipping it and naming to .wsz.  It was no good so it may be possible that the layout of the .wal skins can't be used.  It does seems to unzip to a heap of different folders.  Any info would be good as I really like MMD3 but if not it is no big deal, I can always use the EM-Winamp skins.

Ctrl-e on the other hand will be missed if it is not to be implemented.  Or if there is another hotkey now I'd like to know.

Thanks again

pauls

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 12:31:56 am »

Thanks Marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up