INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11: Drag and drop behavior  (Read 728 times)

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
MC11: Drag and drop behavior
« on: June 06, 2005, 07:34:23 pm »

Am I wrong in thinking that when dragging files from the list to another program, MC is supposed to just make a copy and not actually move the original file. or is it designed to act like windows and require the holding of the control key to copy while dragging and such.

If the first is true, then that part of MC is broken and I just moved, resized, and deleted a file that I thought I was copying. If the latter is true, then it is my stupidity for not knowing this and should kick myself for moving, resizing, and deleting a file I thought I was copying.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
MC11: Drag and drop behavior
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 09:23:25 pm »

Am I wrong in thinking that when dragging files from the list to another program, MC is supposed to just make a copy and not actually move the original file. or is it designed to act like windows and require the holding of the control key to copy while dragging and such.

If the first is true, then that part of MC is broken and I just moved, resized, and deleted a file that I thought I was copying. If the latter is true, then it is my stupidity for not knowing this and should kick myself for moving, resizing, and deleting a file I thought I was copying.

Media Center fully supports standard shell dragging in and out.  So dragging out of Media Center is like dragging out of Explorer.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up