INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art plugin request  (Read 1267 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
Cover art plugin request
« on: November 06, 2005, 12:16:01 pm »

Here's a plugin I'd like, if one of you plugin whizzes has the inclination to write.

A plugin that does this:

For files in Playing Now, the plugin searches the folder in which each file is located and writes the image file (if it exists) in the folder into the file's tag and updates the MC library.  If there is more than one image file in the folder, the plugin prompts for you to choose which one to write.

I want this because I tend to store my music by album in folders, and keep a copy of the album art in the folder with each album.  I put the album art into the tags when I clean up the tags with a third party program before importing into MC, but MC doesn't always seem to recognize the tags.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt.  I'm hoping that having a plugin like this to run would fix the problem.

If there already is a plugin (or a native MC 11 function) that would do what I want, please let me know.  (If there is, I haven't yet managed to stumble across it.)

Thanks

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
Re: Cover art plugin request
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2006, 05:47:46 pm »

In the "Options" dialogue box, under the "File Location" tab there is the option at the top of the page to point MC to the location of your Cover Art. At the bottom of that particular box is a check box to make MC store the image in the tags.

Now, whenever you select a group of files, let say an album, you can then right click those highlighted items and under the "Image" context sub-menu youll find an action entitled "Quick Find In File / Cover Art Directory". When you click that MC will search for the Cover Art and then write it into the tags of each file.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up