INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: G-Force CPU Utilization  (Read 1990 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
G-Force CPU Utilization
« on: June 11, 2005, 08:52:50 pm »

When minimizing MC or switching to media library, G-force still takes up the full cpu usage.   Other visualizations do not have this problem.

The only time when I can prevent G-Force from using the CPU is when I pull the split bar on now playing all the way to the top.  This tells me that it is possible to have G-force selected as the primary display and minimize its usage.  This should be changed for minimizing to the system tray as well as switching to other views.

Are other users having this problem as well?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

modelmaker

Re: G-Force CPU Utilization
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 01:15:14 am »

G-Force is just cpu power intensive. There are some adjustments you can make to lower the usage, go to the G-Force site for more info on this.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 03:39:42 am »

Right but I will make my point a different way then.  If G-force is not being displayed on the screen, there should not  be any resources devoted to it.  I am not going to switch off of it evertime I minimse MC or switch to another view.  That is a bit absurd in my opinion.  So this should be fixed or at least recognized as an issue.  I realize that it is just a 3rd party plugin however like I said before, when in the 'playing now' screen with the visualizer not selected, G-Force is not being used by the CPU eventhough it is selected as the current visualization which I use all the time and would rather not have to swithc to something else evertime I go to a different view thank you
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

modelmaker

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 04:40:34 am »

I still think the G-Force site forum is where you should be discussing this: http://forums.soundspectrum.com/
I don't think this is an MC problem.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up