INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mc11.exe works sometimes  (Read 1185 times)

eric4414

mc11.exe works sometimes
« on: June 27, 2005, 07:54:32 pm »

I'm having a problem getting mc11.exe commands to work.  Every time it doesn't work I noticed that in Windows Task Manager the image name says "mediac~1.exe" instead of "media center.exe".  I closed Media Center 11 and started it up again but it still says "mediac~1.exe".  The only way I can get it to start with the right image name is to change something on the properties of the .exe - put hidden on and off and apply.  Then when I start it shows the proper image name and everything works correctly.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Eric.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: mc11.exe works sometimes
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 08:19:02 pm »

That's strange.  Does it make any difference if you disable any plugins (sharing, 3rd party, etc.)?

Also, maybe you could turn on debug logging in the Help menu and see where the program is getting stuck.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 11:18:44 pm »

I have 2 computers and on the one its "media center.exe" and on the other its "mediac~1.exe" BUT mc11.exe seems to work on the mediac~1.exe computer. I use it with girder.

Later
Simon.

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 12:41:16 am »

I'm having the same problem.  Do any of you use NetRemote MediaBridge to start MC?  I wonder if it's something to do with this though I have been able to recreate the problem when starting MC manually.

Could it be something to do with starting MC in full screen mode?
JLee

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 04:43:52 am »

I have the same problem trying to start MC11 from NetRemote MediaBridge.

ie. It fails to start, and leaves a process called MEDIAC~1.EXE lying around

Cheers
Rob

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2005, 05:38:28 am »

I solved my problems by changing to using Windows messages instead of MC11.exe but even that doesn't work if I start MC in full screen mode (i.e. G-Force) and automatically start playing the current playlist.  The final solution for me was to use Windows Messages and start MC in standard mode.  I start MC by sending a command to Girder that starts MB2 and then switches MC to fullscreen mode after a 10 second delay.
JLee
Pages: [1]   Go Up