INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sequential Playlist Plug-in...is this possible?  (Read 1015 times)

Bluesman

• Junior Woodchuck
Sequential Playlist Plug-in...is this possible?
« on: June 16, 2005, 10:08:27 am »

As suggested below, I'm just wondering if a plug-in would be able to do this, or if indeed one already exists? Any ideas welcome. I don't have the computer skills to be able to do it myself.
thanks,
Geoff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi,
I'm a new user trialling MC and before I buy I need to know if it is capable of doing the following and if so , what the expression would look like.
What I want to do is have two smart playlists controlled by a third smart playlist. The third playlist would draw regular music tracks from the first playlist, but at a pre-determined interval (say every 4th or 5th track for example) it would insert a short voice track promo from the second smart playlist.  It doesn't matter if this was a random track from that list or not. Is this possible? Or is there a better way to do it? eg every 4th or 5th track selected from a special genre such as promo from the main library?

I have noticed this type of expression in another thread (below), it goes close but It often ends up with too many promo tracks adjacent to each other and then will have a long break before any more are used.
~mix=466,80%,{[Genre]=[Blues]},10%,{[Genre]=[Rock]},10%,{[Genre]=[Promo]}

Any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. What I have in mind is for an automated radio purpose.
thanks in advance,
Geoff

Not at this time as its not possible to sequentially chain smartlists together. You can't add a smartlist to a playlist either. That could be an interesting ability to have.

I imagine you would only need to add a smartlist that randomly picked 4 tracks, Then add a smartlist that would pick one random promo track. Now if you had continous play set, the smartlist could refresh each time it looped through, giving you 4 random tracks + 1 promo in sequence.

A custom plugin might be able to do this but you would have to request it on the plugins board and hope some one is interested in doing it.
Is there any other music besides Blues?
Pages: [1]   Go Up