INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.293 Release Candidate  (Read 4486 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.293 Release Candidate
« on: June 14, 2005, 05:11:07 pm »

We're ready to release Media Center 11.0.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:  Post bugs you are certain about here.  Anything else will be moved or deleted.  If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   Feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released.  

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110293.exe

11.0.293 (6/14/05)

1. New: TV Configuration window is now available in time-shifting mode (some items are not available, or will not take effect immediately in this mode).
2. Fixed: Some items on TV Configuration window were not disabled even though they were not available for certain devices.
3. Fixed: TV would unload if user attempts to start Configuration window during recording/time-shifting.
4. Fixed: Video properties (brightness etc.) adjustment was not available during time-shifting for digital TV.
5. Fixed: in the UPnP Server, longer lists would lose information at the end.
6. Fixed: The Library Server client could not play local files (through Drives and Devices) when conversion was enabled.
7. Fixed: When pasting a URL to an image into MC, the file could be recompressed in some cases.
8. Changed: MC does a better job of not running a search while typing quickly in the search box, but instead runs the search after a pause in typing.
9. Fixed: Auto sync would not have worked for some portable devices.
10. Changed: Zen Micro will run the Nomad plugin if on Windows 2000 (as opposed to MTP)

11.0.292 (6/13/05)

1. Changed: InstallWizard will try to install Windows Media components if it can not find version 10.0.0.3802 or later on the target computer. (Previously it only required 10.0.0.3646. Version 10.0.0.3802 includes some important security updates over earlier ones.)
2. Changed: Users can choose to continue installation of MC in case the installation of Windows Media components fails.
3. Changed: Improved tab sizing in Library Browser view.
4. Fixed: Handheld auto-synch was not working properly.

11.0.291 (6/13/05)

1. NEW: Added several new 2D visualizations from Tabby. (thanks Tabby!)
2. Fixed: When playing, then switching the output plugin in options, then switching tracks, MC could crash in some cases.
3. Changed: FTP Upload didn't remember thumbnail size changes between runs.
4. Fixed: "R6025 - pure virtual function call" runtime error when closing media library panes (could be caused by double-clicking artist/album, editing view scheme, etc.).
5. Fixed: Defined portable device paths would not always allow files to transfer.
6. Fixed: Some portable devices would have mistakenly written to a 'Root' directory.

11.0.290 (6/11/05)

1. Changed: "Download Images" could reload the same image multiple times (causing flicker) when doing several files from the same album. (drawing only -- wasn't hitting network multiple times)
2. Changed: "Download Images" goes through artists / albums alphabetically instead of in a random order.
3. Fixed: "Download Images" would try to download cover art for non audio files.
4. Fixed: When starting MC with some command line arguments, it would not properly run. (applies to 289 only)
5. Fixed: Playlist exporting and printing could operate on the "Analyze Audio" list in some cases when Audio Analysis was running in the background.
6. Changed: Cover art tagging happens in the background. (the new system allows background cover art saving and proper thumbnail updating, so there's no need to block while saving art anymore)

11.0.289 (6/10/05)

1. Fixed: File conversion on the fly to Portable Devices.

11.0.288 (6/10/05)

1. Changed: Like in 285 and before, when saving cover art internally MC will show "Inside File" for the file's image instead of the external location.
2. Fixed: In some cases, downloading cover art would download a file for each track in an album.
3. Fixed: The "Reset" button in Options > Handheld was not properly closing the options dialog.
4. Fixed: Playlist Groups could show files from all database locations even if child smartlists only searched the main database.
5. Fixed: Transitioning from mixed audio+image to video back to the mix would not show images anymore.   
6. Fixed: When renaming a tree item the old item could be seen "under" the rename edit box.
7. Fixed: Auto-import no longer automatically imports CD & DVD files into the main library.
8. Changed: Media Center converts non-jpeg files to jpeg when saving as external cover art for Folder.jpg or Artist - Album.jpg.
9. Changed: Media Center uses a high jpeg quality when saving clipboard / scanner images as cover art.
10. Fixed: Navigating back did not properly load the view state of the panes.
11. Fixed: After resetting Handhelds, the options dialog will correctly close.
12. Fixed: Handhelds that are configured as 'remote drives' that are not present, should not appear in the device tree.
13. Fixed: PSP support

New or Improved in MC 11

New database caching layer that makes many parts of MC significantly faster
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing
CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views allow you to look at two or more views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC now works with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
New Image Editor
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so session pictures are grouped automatically
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support with recording and time shifting
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support for playback through a home theater system
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 11.0.293 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 08:08:20 pm »

This build re-downloaded the Windows Media Format redistribution again.  Was something changed in the distribution from last time that made this necessary again (since the last time), or did something break in the installer?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 08:13:09 pm »

This build re-downloaded the Windows Media Format redistribution again.  Was something changed in the distribution from last time that made this necessary again (since the last time), or did something break in the installer?

Try installing again.  Does it do it again?  If so, what version of wmvcore.dll is on your system?

Thanks.

Knight_Rider

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 09:55:46 pm »

Still doesn't open DAT/Mpeg file. Needs another default player like MediaSource to play. Did I miss something?

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 10:33:34 pm »

I'm having a problem importing some Audible titles. Whenever MC tries to import them it crashes. It has only happened with one set of titles (all 8 files that make up War and Peace). So far none of the other 30 or so Audible titles I've tried have this same problem.

If I try to play the files in MC the same thing happens. If I try to play them in Windows Media Player then it works fine.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 11:01:37 pm »

I'm having a problem importing some Audible titles. Whenever MC tries to import them it crashes. It has only happened with one set of titles (all 8 files that make up War and Peace). So far none of the other 30 or so Audible titles I've tried have this same problem.

If I try to play the files in MC the same thing happens. If I try to play them in Windows Media Player then it works fine.

Could you send one of the files to matt at jriver dot com or upload it somewhere?  Thanks.

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 01:07:10 pm »

After burning a CD, the CD burner tray comes out and then...nothing for quite a while until the MC dialog box with the options after burning appears. I am using an external USB drive if that is of any help.

UnknownID

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 03:36:33 pm »

I origionally posted this in build 286 and it is still present.

Whenever I play a game on my computer that changes the screen resolution and I have MC in Mini View, returning to the desktop (exiting the game) hides the mini view skin so that it cannot be accessed. I have to close MC via the system tray and reopen it. Occasionally, after this occurrence I am unable to go back to the skin that was used (causing a Jscript error) until I switch to a different skin and then switch back. Also, if I am able to go back to the same skin the skin settings (state.xml) are reset (doesn't save position, etc and shows the default view for the skin).

Let me know if there is anything else I can provide.

UnknownID

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 02:42:51 am »

this is my rename expression;

path;
If(IsEmpty([Source]),Unknown,[Source])\[Media Type]\If(IsEmpty([Album Artist]),,[Album Artist]\)If(IsEmpty([Album]),,[Album])

filename;
[Track #]. If(IsEmpty([Name]),Unknown Track,[Name])

it used to work, now it doesn't.  IsEmpty is not returning true when fields are empty and used for renaming purposes.  it still works fine in views. did someone play with it and break it?

for all fields with no (an empty) value

view column generates this;
Unknown\Audio\. Unknown Track

rename generates in this;
Unknown z.Source\Audio\Unknown Artist [Album]\Unknown Album Name\00. Unknown Track Name.mp3

*[Source] is a user field (removing it makes no difference)
*[Track #] generates a blank string on 0 in a view (not really an issue - just pointing it out)

SwellGuy

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 08:35:43 am »

raymond,

We made the following change in build 11.0.76 (9/3/2004):

5. Changed: Using an empty field in a path for "Rename Files From Properties" is now replaced by Unknown Artist, Unknown Album, etc.

This automatically does something similar to what you are doing with your rules.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 09:16:17 am »

Problems with DVD playback, if I change the playing speed during dvd playback and then again on normally back remains mc11 set to hang, it can only by task managers terminated.

MC11 does not set aspect ratios again correctly back if man this had briefly changed.  Persons in the film keep egg heads to man mc11 start again.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 09:32:26 am »

8. Changed: MC does a better job of not running a search while typing quickly in the search box, but instead runs the search after a pause in typing.

I assume this change only applies to changes to the query after the list is initially shown?  I was hoping this would address the fact that when I press ctrl-F, I have to wait for several seconds for the entire list of files (about 35000) to show before I can start typing my query -- I'd prefer if an empty list was shown while I was typing the query, with no updates at all until there is a pause in typing.

BlueGlow

• Galactic Citizen
  • Absence of alternatives clears the mind nicely.
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 11:36:49 am »

MC makes a loud, constant stuttering sound when it plays lower bitrate MP3 files like 56k CBR, 48k CBR, 92k CBR. The sound doesn't stop when the track is stopped, it only stops when MC is exited. The stuttering sound does not happen when playing back bitrates like 128k, 96k, 64k.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 11:41:32 am »

Cover art for one of my albums of mp3s refuses to show in the image action window or the cover art visualisation. it does however show in the multiinfo track info template. V.strange.
The picture is jpeg. I've tried removing cover art and relinking it.

Also, when changing visualisations, any customization (i changed the colours in the "stereo" Spectrum analyzer vis.) gets lost once you change visualisation and come back to it. Quite annoying.

rhom

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2005, 04:06:14 am »

raymond,

We made the following change in build 11.0.76 (9/3/2004):

5. Changed: Using an empty field in a path for "Rename Files From Properties" is now replaced by Unknown Artist, Unknown Album, etc.

This automatically does something similar to what you are doing with your rules.

i know about that change, something else has changed recently.  IsEmpty is returning FALSE in rename but TRUE in a view?  surely we should be able to have our own customisation for empty fields during a rename but because IsEmpty doesn't work properly during a rename it's now pointless, it USED to work (less than a month ago).  I like the ability to have empty fields and thus less path, i don't like having "unknown <field display name>" in the path, it looks ugly.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2005, 04:31:01 am »

Raymond, could you post in 295 thread. Somebody forgot to lock this.

Media Center 11.0.295 Release Candidate

The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up