INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: cant play m4a files on MC 11.0.295  (Read 1475 times)

'T'

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
cant play m4a files on MC 11.0.295
« on: June 17, 2005, 01:41:37 pm »

some of my music is ripped in m4a format from (itunes) when i play the files on my computer... i have no problems... but when i access the same music from another pc in the house through the library server i get a pup of asking me to download Quicktime!! :o

I have tried to follow the popup and installed a free version but the problem remains.

2. i have tried to convert the files to mp3's to solve the problem that way (on the server natually) but here i get "unsupported type"

im really pussled... cause let there  be no doubt... you guys are a Mount Everest above and beyond  any other software on the market... especially when we talk hundreds of gigs in the database....

am i doing something wrong or is it a bug?

Thanks

Thorbenator

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: cant play m4a files on MC 11.0.295
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2005, 02:01:41 pm »

You are not doing anything wrong but you are trying to do things that MC does not handle. MC uses Quicktime to play m4a files. MC does not provide a way to rencode m4a natively. When you go to play files from the server, you will need to have Quicktime installed locally for the files to play.

Raysy

• Recent member
  • Enjoy yourself!
Re: cant play m4a files on MC 11.0.295
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2005, 06:54:29 am »

Would be great I you could support the conversion of M4As.  I dunno which way WinAmp goes, but there you can write WAVs of M4As and probably also MP3s (I only got the free version).

That's a pity, because I'm a convined MediaCenter-User!  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up