INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.297 Release  (Read 2847 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.297 Release
« on: June 18, 2005, 10:21:21 pm »

We're ready to release Media Center 11.0.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:  Post bugs you are certain about here.  Anything else will be moved or deleted.  If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   Feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110297.exe

11.0.297 (6/18/05)

1. Changed: HDTV video size info is displayed on-screen not only in normal viewing mode (as introduced in 11.0.296), but also in time-shifting mode.
2. Fixed: For WinTV PVR devices, one could not switch out of the "Recording" page on TV Options window (introduced in 11.0.293).
3. Fixed: Library browser would not show the first visible item when switching tabs in some cases.
4. Fixed: When pasting a URL to a JPEG for a file's image, MC could reencode the file in some cases.

11.0.296 (6/17/05)

1. Fixed: Conversion settings for Portables would not always yield the correct space estimation after transfer.
2. Fixed: The handheld sync tree would not show playlist names in some cases.
3. Fixed: Image - Paste From Clipboard (URL) wasn't working properly.
4. New: Signal Strength is briefly displayed in OSD along with station name info when a digital TV channel is played.

11.0.295 (6/16/05)

1. Fixed: In some cases, when switch tracks with different sample rates, it could take longer for the track switch to occur than expected.
2. New: HDTV video size info (1080i, 720p etc.) is displayed in OSD shortly after the device is tuned to a channel.
3. Fixed: Visualizations could crash in some cases. (unique to 294)

11.0.294 (6/16/05)

1. Fixed: Radio on MP101 would not play if Artist was empty.
2. Changed: Many of the command-line commands were case-sensitive - they are now case-insensitive.
3. Fixed: MC was locking-up when deleting files from SmartLists.

11.0.293 (6/14/05)

1. New: TV Configuration window is now available in time-shifting mode (some items are not available, or will not take effect immediately in this mode).
2. Fixed: Some items on TV Configuration window were not disabled even though they were not available for certain devices.
3. Fixed: TV would unload if user attempts to start Configuration window during recording/time-shifting.
4. Fixed: Video properties (brightness etc.) adjustment was not available during time-shifting for digital TV.
5. Fixed: in the UPnP Server, longer lists would lose information at the end.
6. Fixed: The Library Server client could not play local files (through Drives and Devices) when conversion was enabled.
7. Fixed: When pasting a URL to an image into MC, the file could be recompressed in some cases.
8. Changed: MC does a better job of not running a search while typing quickly in the search box, but instead runs the search after a pause in typing.
9. Fixed: Auto sync would not have worked for some portable devices.
10. Changed: Zen Micro will run the Nomad plugin if on Windows 2000 (as opposed to MTP)

New or Improved in MC 11

New database caching layer that makes many parts of MC significantly faster
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing
CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views allow you to look at two or more views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC now works with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
New Image Editor
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so session pictures are grouped automatically
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support with recording and time shifting
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support for playback through a home theater system
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 11.0.297 Release
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2005, 05:01:34 am »

If I under import audio playlists mark these am again and again again imported!  :-X
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2005, 05:28:59 am »

Fast search in Cover/album folder does not go!

Example:

01 - Aaliyah - Are You Feelin' Meh.mp3
02 - Aaliyah - Messed Up.mp3
03 - Aaliyah - Rock The Boat.mp3
04 - Aaliyah - Rock The Boat.mp3
Back.jpg
Front.jpg

jpg in the same folder are not found

dcwebman
1. The Quick Find doesn't find images in the cover art location specified in the options.
2. The Quick Find doesn't find images in the "artist - album" format like in the renamed file example.
3. The Quick Find doesn't find valid images like in the "jpgwers" file extension.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
Resolution change quirk
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2005, 10:19:27 am »

In Fullscreen mode, I set my resolution to 640x480x32 and the resolution toggles back to my desktop resolution when I use F11. However, if I'm playing a video in Fullscreen mode and I press the [X] at the top left of the window to close the window, the resolution stays at 640x480.

Looks great though, really exciting.
Me fail english? That's unpossible!

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2005, 07:37:01 am »

I thought there was a place for help items but couldn't find it. Anyways:

On the "Shuffle the Tracks" help page, it says:
Right click on Playing Now in the tree, and select "Reshuffle".
Right click on any song in the content-view of the "Playing Now" Playlist and select "Reshuffle".

It should be:
Right click on Playing Now in the tree, and select "Shuffle".
Right click on any song in the content-view of the "Playing Now" Playlist and select "Shuffle".
Jeff

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2005, 08:47:47 am »

If I load the cover for many files (2000 and more), without cover over the mc picture function freezes mc sometime and can be only close over task manager.

The same happened also again with import from very many files.

Code: [Select]
Media Center Registered 11.0.297 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1536 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 618 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp.040919-1030) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2668 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050430-1553) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2620 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.050225-1820) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B   Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

NoCodeUK

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2005, 10:57:40 am »

I have set the new image handling method to add a folder.jpg for cover art.  If I copy and paste an image it works fine.  If I drag and drop from a browser it adds a link to a temp location rather than adding the image as a folder.jpg.  Not a huge thng but an inconsistency none the less...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder
Pages: [1]   Go Up