INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media center 11 price question  (Read 1003 times)

kamein

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Media center 11 price question
« on: June 09, 2005, 01:12:08 pm »

Maybe I'm wrong but I remember seeing a thread not too much ago stating that upgrading from MC10 to MC11 would be 10$ before release and 15$ after release. Now it says it is 26$. Was that changed or something?

kamein

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media center 11 price question
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 04:52:57 pm »

Indeed they changed. No problem with me, that convinced me to wait for a more mature MC11 or even MC12.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 09:34:35 pm »

That's too bad, you're going to miss out on some great improvements over previous versions.

MC 12 probably won't even get started until late this year and the beta may not even appear until spring of next year if past performance is anything to go on.

MC 11, I have to say, is pretty mature. It should be after 290 builds. From here on in, the builds are mainly just tweaks - fine tuning. The list of changes and fixes is now pretty short. I expect the official release almost any day now.

I'm sorry you missed out on the $10 upgrade price, but everybody had over six months to take advantage of it. I did several months ago, but only installed it 8 weeks ago, wanting to wait until it was "mature" enough to use it and not be a beta tester, (I was not dissapointed). MC 11 is completely stable and has been for months.

At $26, it's still a great buy! But you don't have to spend any money to find out, just download itand install it, you'll have 30 days to give it a run for your money at the end of which you can either buy in for that cheap $26 or not.

Try it, enjoy!
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

kamein

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 01:36:08 pm »

I have tried MC11 and its very solid. What I meant with mature is that I miss some important stuff for me that i would like to see (multiple views does not seem a completed feature to me), as well as i recognize many things included in MC11 that are not for me. Some of this stuff I have been asking first betas of MC10. For 5$ back some time I thought i had very little to lose waiting to the last moment but i was kind of convinced I would end up buying it. Now I feel like I deserve some of the stuff I expect if I am to spent that amount. Right now MC10 cuts the mustard for me. Although 26$ is not expensive I cannot start spending money just because its not a lot of money. I can wait.

bvm

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2005, 11:01:35 pm »

Count me as another MC10 user shocked at the sudden change in upgrade price.  Was there any warning?  Upgrading from MC9 didn't cost anything like $26.  I'd been planning to try MC11 when I got enough time to fairly evaluate it, but now I'm not so sure.  I'm not the high power home theater user JRiver seems to be aiming at (and feeling free to charge for), so I'm probably best off sticking with MC10.
Pages: [1]   Go Up