INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 doesn't honor WinXP mnemonics preference (must press Alt to see underlines)  (Read 1137 times)

Prognathous

• Recent member

If I configure Windows to not "Hide underlined letters for keyboard navigation until I press the Alt key", all programs honor it, except MC11 which keeps them hidden. You can reproduce this problem by unchecking the above option under Display Properties -> Appearance -> Effects.

Is there any way to force the program to persistently show mnemonics, without requiring the user to press Alt first?

In addition, does jriver have a publicly open bug tracker?

Thanks,

Prog.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe

This forum IS the publicly open bug tracker. ;D
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Prognathous

• Recent member

Yeah, except that forum threads are nothing like manageable bugs in a system like Bugzilla. Moreover, once they drift to the next page, it's highly unlikely that the developers will ever get back to them.

Prog.

modelmaker

After you have spent some time here, I think you'll find that doesn't really happen here very often.

If it is truely a bug, it'll get worked on. Not every "malfunction" is a bug. If somehow it does get missed, simply "bump" it back up to the top, someone will address the issue. There's a lot of knowledgable help here.

If and when there is an issue, be sure first to do a forum search to see if the issue has been addressed before, when posting an issue, be as specific as possible in discribing the problem, include (paste) your system info (help>system info) and any other pertinent information.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

glynor

• MC Beta Team

Yeah, except that forum threads are nothing like manageable bugs in a system like Bugzilla. Moreover, once they drift to the next page, it's highly unlikely that the developers will ever get back to them.

They do not have a public bug tracking system similar to the Mozilla project's one (that I know of anyway).  However, what modelmaker said is correct...

I quite honestly don't know how they do it, but the development crew at JRiver really is pretty spectacular at monitoring and addressing bugs.  They aggressively monitor this forum, and (as you can see from the release notes in the almost daily build threads) do implement requested bugfixes and changes.  And, most often, they do so on a far faster timescale than I've seen elsewhere, and they do so without a formal tracking system...

Of course, just like the Mozilla project, they do make decisions on where to focus limited time resources.  Is following this rule important enough to exert the effort to fix it  for version 11 (or will it have to wait for version 12)...?

I can confirm the bug mentioned in the parent post.  It certainly never bothered me before.  But hey, I'm just happy my FF and RW keys on my Remote Wonder work!

;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up