INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Losing data saved on external hard drive  (Read 834 times)

irawsonmackenzie

Losing data saved on external hard drive
« on: June 24, 2005, 03:53:27 am »

I am using MC10 and have tried to import media that I have on an external hard drive (Freecom)

I have tried it three times on two different computers and it starts to download and update the library but then crashes.

When I go back to the external hard drive the music has then been deleted.

Can anyone help?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Loosing of data saved on external hard drive
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 05:53:21 am »

I am using MC10 and have tried to import media that I have on an external hard drive (Freecom)

I have tried it three times on two different computers and it starts to download and update the library but then crashes.

When I go back to the external hard drive the music has then been deleted

Hello and welcome to the forum!

It is a bit difficult to guess anything because you have not provided enough information.

How did you format the drive? (partitions, file system) Can you use the drive normally with other programs? For example, can you copy, paste, delete and move data with Windows Explorer without problems?

How many files are you trying to import and how are they named? (folder structure, naming scheme etc) Do you have many file formats and what are they? Did you try to import only a few files as a test? What import method you used?

What do you mean with "deleted"? Do you mean that MC just can't see the files or do you mean that the files are actually deleted from the drive? Do you mean that the drive is totally empty but still works otherwise? The last alternative is how I understand what you described. Though, it is a very unlikely thing to happen because of how the MC's import system works.

Post your system info from the MC Help menu (of both PCs). Also, tell the exact drive model and the connection type you use (USB/USB2, Firewire or LAN).
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up