INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Considering Yahoo Music subscription and a portable purchase...  (Read 1052 times)

hise0001

I'm considering purchasing a subscription to YME.  Looking at the Digital Use Restrictions :-) , and that I want a 20 - 30 gig player, it looks like the choices boil down to a Dell DJ (2nd Gen) or a Creative Zen Touch.

a few big questions...

1 - Is MC10 able to play and sync subscription-based WMA's?

2 - Does MC10 work better with one device over the other?

3 - Is media server able to serve the subscription-protected content? (I want my wife's computer to be able to access and play my library).

Thanks for any feedback.

--Hise

GRAYDOG

• World Citizen
  • Weimaraners Rule
Re: Considering Yahoo Music subscription and a portable purchase...
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 08:23:05 pm »

Audiovox SMT 5600 Smartphone > >
Creative Labs Zen Portable Media Center
iRiver H10 > >
iRiver H320 > >
iRiver H340 > >
iRiver Portable Media Center-120
RCA Lyra RD2765 > >
RCA Lyra RD2762 > >
Samsung YH-999 Portable Media Center
Compatible Devices Which Require a Free Firmware Update. You must click the device name to get the required updates or find out about technical issues with the Yahoo! Music Engine:

Creative Labs Zen Micro > >
Dell DJ 20GB (Gen 2) > >
Dell DJ 30GB > >
Dell Pocket DJ > >

BullishDad

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 10:27:24 pm »

I'm pretty sure JRiver wants to support subscription services and is working hard to do so.  That said, I don't everything is in place just yet so that you can depend completely on MC11. 

There was a similar thread earlier
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27816.0

hise0001

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 09:30:24 am »

Graydog,

I think your paste is from the Yahoo site.... I noticed after posting here that Yahoo didn't list the Creative Touch as being compatible with the subscription service.  Looking at the creative site, it looks like they're working on a firmware upgrade; but, it's not ready yet.  So, I guess the only "choice" is the Dell DJ.

BullishDad,
I guess I didn't search the threads well enough.... thank you for the link, it was very helpful.

--Hise

hise0001

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2005, 08:53:42 am »

I appreciate the feedback.  It sounds like it's doable to serve yahoo-subscription-protected wma's to my wife's computer...

I tried it last night.  When opening the wma from the client computer, it went in an infinite loop spawning dialog boxes asking for username/password to acquire the license.  It was pretty crazy, I couldn't even single out one of the dialog boxes to supply the information.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

--Hise
Pages: [1]   Go Up