INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lite-On 48x only showing 12x  (Read 1223 times)

Mr_Q

• Recent member
  • Digital Artist
Lite-On 48x only showing 12x
« on: September 19, 2002, 07:54:26 pm »

My new Lite-On 48x12x48 is only showing up as 12x write.  In Nero it showed up as 48x ONE TIME and then it only shows as 12x?

Is this a problemn with Nero's and MJB's ASPI driver you think? Or does this drive need  a firmware update or something?
If it sounds cool, it will be on my harddrive!

Mr_Q

• Recent member
  • Digital Artist
Re: Lite-On 48x only showing 12x
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2002, 08:06:17 pm »

I upgraded the bios of the drive from V01 to V06, the latest....and it's still showing up as 12x. Is the drive bad? Or are the ASPI drivers in need of updating?

dnoyeb

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2002, 06:03:19 am »

Does the OS show the drive ID you expect? Maybe somebody pulled a switcheroo on you?

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2002, 12:42:41 am »

Are you using 48X media? Maybe try different media.
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

Mr_Q

• Recent member
  • Digital Artist
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2002, 09:17:43 am »

Yah it shows up in Windows as a 48125W V06. Which is the drive. I checked Lite-On's site.

I am using 32x media which in my old 16x CD-RW would easily burn at 16x

lclontz

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 08:04:31 pm »

I have the same drive, and mine is only allowing me to select "generic" even though it's on the Goldenhawk list... any idea when there will be a new update (or is something awry on my side)?

Rudy

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2002, 12:43:24 am »

I also found there was a problem with the 48x firmware. I have the 40125. I upgraded the firmware to the 48x version, and MJ would only see it as generic. When I went back to the 40x firmware, not a problem.

new_unit

• Recent member
  • IT Hired Gun
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2002, 06:59:35 am »

It's not the firmware, drive or driver, well it may be the driver. I have a TEAC 40X and MJ shows the fastest burn choice as 24X. I think this is a bug with MJ. Like you, Nero allowed me to burn at 40X, after the MJ install that went down to 24X. I deleted all the burner info in Nero and J River in the Windows XP registry. Deleted the burner from device manager and rebooted. Now Nero allows me to burn at 40X but MJ still shows 24X as the fastest setting. I have posted twice, replied in similar posts and have IMed a developer and someone that may be the owner. I have had a few replies to posts with no real help and no response to the IM, one was just done a little while ago. At this point I have asked for a refund if no support can be gained.

I love the product and features; the ripping alone is why I chose the product. But when I pay $30 bucks I want all the features to work as advertised. I made sure the burner was on their hardware compatibility list and ran it unlicensed for a couple of weeks without issues. Once satisfied it did all that was claimed, I bought it. When the registration code was imported was when this started happening. When installed as shareware I could burn at 40X. I have uninstalled then reinstalled and ran the product with no registration key imported. 24X max burn speed. Reimported the registration code, same thing 24X max. This is very frustrating.
Offer them what they secretly want and they of course immediately become panic-stricken.

Mr_Q

• Recent member
  • Digital Artist
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2002, 09:39:26 am »

Well, installing Windows 2000 fixed everything! It sees my drive at 48x!  I then partitioned and did a fresh install of XP Pro and sure enough, it would only see the drive's slower re-write speed.

Must be some software nastiness in XP.

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2002, 12:03:35 pm »

Cunnagin-
I emailed you a test version of the cdripper.ocx file. Could you try it out and let me know if it works better?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up