INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Server Help  (Read 811 times)

over0065

• Recent member
Media Server Help
« on: June 23, 2005, 02:37:17 am »

I am trying to set up a media server and have been unsuccessful in getting it to work.  After following the directions from the MC help, I have gotten the server computer to run the media server.  The problem is I cannot get the client server to find the shared media library.  According to the instructions, once I have media server running (I see the icon in the system tray), I am supposed to go to the media server and click on the file menu.  The problem is, the media server is running in the system tray, and the only thing I can do is 'open media center' or 'close media server.'  It seems media server should be a program with a window that I am able to interact with, but I only have those two options.  Within media center, there is no option to 'share' the library, nor is there anything about statistics as stated in the instructions.  Please help me figure out what I am missing.  Thank you.

over0065

• Recent member
Re: Media Server Help
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 03:17:41 am »

Ok, I just needed to find the right thread.  I figured it out.  Thanks for looking.

Enrique

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 07:08:50 pm »

I just upgraded from MC 10 to MC 11 and the whole setup for media server has changed.  I realize I have the same problem ... you seem to have found the right thread, could you kindly give me a hint?

Enrique

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 07:13:26 pm »

Okay! I was too dumb not lo look harder  ;D
To answer myself, the answer is under the Plugins menu...
Pages: [1]   Go Up