INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRMediaUninstall.exe  (Read 1014 times)

Shelly

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I love listening to music with Media Center!
JRMediaUninstall.exe
« on: June 27, 2005, 02:27:40 pm »

Since I performed an uninstall and reinstall last week, on every reboot, an Explorer window with a single file, JRMediaUninstall.exe, appears on my desktop. I close it but it still is there when I reboot.  I've checked msconfig and it's not present in the startup items. How can I prevent this window from opening?  I'm using Windows XP Pro with SP2 installed.

modelmaker

Re: JRMediaUninstall.exe
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 03:01:45 pm »

With me it's the "C:\Programfiles\J River\Media Center" folder that appears every time I reboot. Someone suggested deleting certain files in the registry to solve this, but I'm not confident enough of my abillities to go mucking around in the registry, besides, I don't really think I should have to as a user. J River will hopefully figure out why this is happening and fix the install. I think this first started happening around build 285-288.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

SwellGuy

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 04:28:47 pm »

What anti-virus software are you running?

Is the folder you are installing to different from the one you uninstalled from?

You can try uninstalling/installing again and have it remove registry entries.

Email me at rick at jriver.com if you want to pursue checking some registry settings.

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 07:28:50 pm »

What anti-virus software are you running?

Is the folder you are installing to different from the one you uninstalled from?

You can try uninstalling/installing again and have it remove registry entries.

Email me at rick at jriver.com if you want to pursue checking some registry settings.

I'm running Trend Micro PC-cillan

No, I installed into the same folder.  

I'd prefer to edit the registry, rather than uninstalling again and installing again, so I appreciate the offer to email you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up