INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.302 Release  (Read 1935 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.302 Release
« on: June 28, 2005, 05:46:41 pm »

We're ready to release Media Center 11.0.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING:  Post bugs you are certain about here.  Anything else will be moved or deleted.  If you can't find your post here, please look in the main index.   Feature requests should be postponed until MC11.0 is released. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110302.exe

11.0.302 (6/28/05)

1. Fixed: MC would occasionally crash when renaming/creating folders for CD/DVD's.
2. Fixed: MC was not creating subfolders on handheld devices correctly.
3. Fixed: Renaming a folder on a CD/DVD would drop the folder contents of child folders of the renamed folder.
4. Fixed: Thumbnails not always updating immediately when assigning cover art.
5. NEW: When MC fails to shutdown properly, it shows a dialog that can reset some settings on the next launch.
6. Fixed: The uninstall program wasn't removing the registry entry for Media Scheduler which occasionally could cause the Media Center directory to open on Windows startup.

11.0.301 (6/27/05)

1. Fixed: After permanently deleting files from Library Browser, switching tabs could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: For user defined portables, when synching, the Portable Path was incorrect on refresh.
3. Fixed: When Remote Server failed to start, it could show two error messages in a row.
4. Changed: After Remote Server fails to start, it will automatically disable itself.
5. Fixed: "Tell me more" URL on Splash Screen now goes somewhere useful.
6. Fixed: Toolbar buttons state was not getting updated until they were moused over.
7. Fixed: Switching between tabs in the Library Browser would result in "randomly" selected files.

New or Improved in MC 11

New database caching layer that makes many parts of MC significantly faster
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing
CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views allow you to look at two or more views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC now works with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
New Image Editor
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so session pictures are grouped automatically
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support with recording and time shifting
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support for playback through a home theater system
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
RAW image support (crw,cr2,nef,mrw,orf,raf,pef,dng,srf)
Multi-channel support (5.1, 7.1, etc.) for WAV and WMA files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

modelmaker

Re: Media Center 11.0.302 Release
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 09:17:49 pm »

Media Center directory still opening on restart.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 09:27:17 pm »

Media Center directory still opening on restart.

Windows can't find something.  Maybe an MC 10 component?

Check here:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2005, 01:46:31 am »

Quote from: SwellGuy on June 28, 2005, 01:49:17 AM
7. Fixed: Switching between tabs in the Library Browser would result in "randomly" selected files.

Quote from: Pink Waters
another strange problem that really made me go nuts and didnt find an explaination to it:
i have an album of 21 tracks, and every time i click on its files shourtcut in the library browser albums section i get into the files but with track 19 selected which does not show me the top of the list... i dunno why it makes the file selection in the first place !

well this fixes MC behavior in randomly selecting files.. but after I tested the fix with the same album selection, MC didnt select any file inside the album, but in the album files tab mc shows tracks from track #2 in the top
Tamer

eso

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2005, 04:15:16 am »

Today, when I connected another Firewire disk to my PC while MC was running it again gave me the warning that my "iPod Shuffle" (which was connected with the same drive letter previously) would need to be initialized - with a message box that only has an Ok button and cannot be cancelled!

Because I didn't have important data on that disk I clicked Ok this time without disconnecting the drive. MC started to scan the drive and after some time (maybe about 30s) completely locked up (a sample of the currently playing track was played in a loop). Therefore I didn't wait to see if MC would scan the 70 GB of files on the disk completely but killed it through the task manager.

Please, at least give this message box a cancel option.

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2005, 05:30:13 am »

If I restart or shut down Windows while MC 11.0.302 is running (just idle or playing a song, not doing anything important like importing), the NEW "Incomplete Shutdown" dialog comes up when I next start MC. Looks like that feature considers any kind of termination except clicking the little X to be abnormal. Should be able to terminate by Windows shut-down as with any normal program.

Quote:

5. NEW: When MC fails to shutdown properly, it shows a dialog that can reset some settings on the next launch.
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2005, 02:36:17 pm »

Today, when I connected another Firewire disk to my PC while MC was running it again gave me the warning that my "iPod Shuffle" (which was connected with the same drive letter previously) would need to be initialized - with a message box that only has an Ok button and cannot be cancelled!

Because I didn't have important data on that disk I clicked Ok this time without disconnecting the drive. MC started to scan the drive and after some time (maybe about 30s) completely locked up (a sample of the currently playing track was played in a loop). Therefore I didn't wait to see if MC would scan the 70 GB of files on the disk completely but killed it through the task manager.

Please, at least give this message box a cancel option.

Reset your handhelds in Options > Handhelds.  When MC asks if you want to use your hard drive as a media player, say no.
Pages: [1]   Go Up