INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Changing "Assorted" to something else  (Read 1006 times)

chopdog

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Changing "Assorted" to something else
« on: July 02, 2005, 11:27:52 am »

I am using a Squeezebox, and with its new version of software, searching by actual folder structure can be done very quickly, so going back to using Media Centre's auto-naming for Various Artist albums now becomes a possibility...

except...

I have so many letter "A" artists before assorted, it takes forever to reach that folder. Is there any way I can select a different name for Various Artist albums ? It would be really helpful.

Thanks.

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Changing "Assorted" to something else
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2005, 08:51:06 am »

I requested this over in the MC 12 topic:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27577.msg196965#msg196965

There is an inconsistency for multi-artist albums in MC. I originally used a Multiple Artists folder and then when using the library command  Rename Files from Properties, saw there was an option for "Use 'Assorted' for [Artist] on multi-artist albums". Hmmm, if that's what MC likes, I'll change to use Assorted. However, there are still times when MC uses (Multiple Artists) like on ripping and saving cover art images.

It would be nice to have an option, probably in the File Locations dialog, for what to use for multi-artist songs that the user could enter: (Multiple Artists), Assorted, Various Artists, etc.

Maybe in MC 12 we'll see it.
Jeff
Jeff

Sauzee

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2005, 01:32:44 pm »

The current method with Assorted & Muliple Artists both used has been a mystery for me for some time.

It doesn't make sense.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2005, 07:20:30 am »

The nice thing with MC is that you can easily change the path names and album artists using the library tools. I tend to give every multiple artist album a descriptive "album artist" name like the name of the DJ or the name of the album series. I have relocated those albums using the [Album Artist (auto)]/[Album] rule. Not everything has to be completely automatic. I have overridden many default naming conventions.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up