INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: registering this machine to play audible files  (Read 1599 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
registering this machine to play audible files
« on: May 24, 2005, 10:57:27 am »

MC now has the audible store integrated into it, and I can download the file into MC, but MC won't play them because "this machine is not registered to play audible files".

Well, how do I register it?  i really don't want to download audible manager and install it on the machine, since I don't need it for anything else.

Shouldn't MC handle this functionality for me?

Am I doing something wrong?

Also, there is a playlist by default listed under Audible, but it is not customizable.  I originally tried to change it, and now it just shows all files.  I would really like it if I could get it back to only showing audible files like it's supposed to.

Thanks
pretend this is something funny

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
Re: registering this machine to play audible files
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 06:19:18 am »

No one on the J River staff knows how to use their software to play audible files?

Please?

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 02:56:09 am »

You need to install "Audible Manager" and use it to register the machine first.  After this, MC will be able to play the files, and you can simply ignore the Audible Manager software.  You can only do this for a limited number of machines (four I believe) so when you upgrade, try to remember to UNregister the system by once again using the Audible Manager software (which is why you should leave Audible Manager on the system.)  If you mess up, you can call/email Audible and they can reset the registration counter, but it's easier if you remember to do it yourself.

Note that Audible playback with MC11 still has a few bugs that MC10 does not have.

Larry

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 09:52:46 am »

Actually, they added this functionality to MC a few weeks ago, so no need to install download manager, MC takes care of it for you automatically if necessary.

scub

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 02:46:19 am »

I use Audible with MC and I have not found a way to download titles inside MC without activation via Audible Manager first.  Once you activate your player then the Audbile software can be ignored, possible uninstalled although I wouldn't recommend it. 

If you try to download in MC without first activating MC will act like it's going to download by bring up the window saying preparing to download and then nothing.

Also if you plan on listening with any kind of portable device you will still need Audible software, I haven't found a way to tranfer via MC, even if the player is propery activated.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 08:04:51 am »

Also if you plan on listening with any kind of portable device you will still need Audible software, I haven't found a way to tranfer via MC, even if the player is propery activated.

What kind of portable do you have?  I haven't tried version 11 yet, but the previous version (MC10) could transfer audible content to iPods with no problems.  I did have to register the system using the Audible Manager software, but once this was done, MC10 could play audible files (without the bugs that MC11 has) AND it could sync this content to two different iPods, where the files worked fine, including bookmarks.

Larry

scub

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 09:30:56 pm »

What kind of portable do you have?

I just joined and I'm using what they shipped me, Creative - Muvo.  Ipod support seems to be more refined so it may well work in MC11.
Pages: [1]   Go Up