INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iHP120 Setup with MC11  (Read 1341 times)

Ubermensch

iHP120 Setup with MC11
« on: July 12, 2005, 10:56:07 pm »

Hi All,

I have tried to seach these forums to answer my question but to no avail.

As I understand it the best way to connect my iHP120 to MC11 is setting it up as a fixed drive for detection. 

Whats the difference betwene PLAYLIST PATH and PLAYLIST FILEPATH??  not sure what values to put in there.

Then, right click on my library > audio and select the send to > iHP120.
It sends all the files to my HP120, however when I open and close MC11, it deletes all the files except for a few.

Also I use the DB function in iHP, how do I set this up using MC11?

Thanks!

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iHP120 Setup with MC11
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 11:23:58 am »

As I understand it the best way to connect my iHP120 to MC11 is setting it up as a fixed drive for detection. 

Assuming the 120 appears as a fixed drive to your PC, then yes. You will need to be sure it always appears as the same drive letter to your PC.

Whats the difference betwene PLAYLIST PATH and PLAYLIST FILEPATH??  not sure what values to put in there.

Playlist Path is for if your device requires that playlists be in a particular location on your device to be recognized. Most likely you do not need this.

Plalylist Filepath is for if your device requires something other than './' as the beginning of the filepath in your m3u playlists. Most likely you do not need this.

Also I use the DB function in iHP, how do I set this up using MC11?

I do not know what this is. If you  describe it and what it does, perhaps I can offer a suggestion.

Ubermensch

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2005, 02:52:30 pm »

Hey Steve, thanks for your replies,

The DB function is something that lets me sort my music by artist, album etc withing the iHP120 interface.  Usually I run some sort of tagging application on my handheld after adding new music to it, so that it updated the iHP's internal database.

More importantly, I am having issues keeping the music collection on my HDD in sync with my device.  At present, I have my collection on my local drive, whats the best way to add this music to my device so that next time around when I update my music collection on my local disk all I have to do is sync with my device to transfer it to the iHP120?

Thanks

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 01:07:33 pm »

If you sync tracks to your device with MC, MC will identify tracks that are already on the device and not resend them. The ID is based on a match of the Name, Artist, Album, Genre and Track Number tag info. If you edit this info on the tracks on the device after the transfer, they will be resent by MC. 

whats the best way to add this music to my device so that next time around when I update my music collection on my local disk all I have to do is sync with my device to transfer it to the iHP120?

Sync the tracks to the device. Add tracks to the local disk and resync. Only new music will be added to the device.

Ubermensch

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 12:06:53 am »

Hi Steve,

but thats exactly the issue.  When I try to sync my device (empty) with my music collection on my local drive it transfers over a few file (most recently accessed) and thats it. 

I if try to add music to my device manually (through the 'send > to device' option) the next time I sync, it deletes all the newly added music on the device.

Please let me know what the right process for this is?

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2005, 08:53:04 am »

How have you set up the sync? Are you selecting playlists that include the new files, or are you synching all files? Do you have the option to 'delete unselected files' selected?

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up