INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multizone problem  (Read 981 times)

mauka

• Recent member
Multizone problem
« on: July 14, 2005, 09:59:32 pm »

I have set up two zones with two cards but MC will not switch zones (even though the "(active)" moves from one zone to the other. When I switch from zone 1 to zone 2, zone 1 keeps playing. If I start with zone 2 it will not switch to zone 1 (it stays in whatever zone was first selected at startup).

Zone 1 is a Revo card set up on direct sound (ASIO does not seem to work) for Digital out to my 5.1 receiver (used for movies and living room music)

zone 2 is set up to my chaintech on ASIO (using the back dacs) (as per the great chaintech post in the soundcard section of this forum) to my Yamaha amp going to my multiroom speakers.

If I try and sync my zones neither will play. So as of now its one or the other and to switch I have to restart MC. can someone help me sort this out?

thnx

bfisher

• Recent member
Re: Multizone problem
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2005, 03:57:14 pm »

Sorry, I can't help you... but I like how zones continue playing when another is selected.  I use the muti-zones as inputs to multiple amplifiers and don't want one zone to stop (den for example) when I start another (office).

mauka

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 10:29:20 pm »

I got it working once but it is very buggy. When I got it working the zones were out of sync. I loaded zone one and then told zone 2 to sync to zone one that seemed to work anything else ended up with a close program and start over. sometimes I had to use the ole alt ctl delete to close it. Is there a certain way you have to sync the zones so they work or is it just my setup thats buggy as hell here?

mauka

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2005, 02:17:01 pm »

after playing with it for a day i got it working  ;) now I still have some problems to work out,
The zones syncs fine (close enough for what im doing)  but zone 2 stops playing after one song. I can see that the zone is still active and the prgress bar is moving but no sound until I resync.

I am looking into the buffers to make sure there is not some bufer setting that I'm missing to cause this. Any help to speed the process up would be greatly apreciated.
Pages: [1]   Go Up