INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Netscape 7  (Read 794 times)

dlbarron

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Netscape 7
« on: October 07, 2002, 09:08:51 am »

I just installed Netscape 7 and I'm having a problem with installing plug-in's.  When I click on the link for a plug in I get a dialog box asking what I should do with it, save or open with a program.  If I save to my hard drive I can double click on the file and it installs fine.  But I would prefer not to have to do that, so I chose Open with a program, and I chose C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\PackageInstaller.exe, then I click OK.  In my task list I can see PackageInstaller start up and then stop, but in Settings->Plug-in Manager the new plug-in is not displayed.

Any ideas how to get around this?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Netscape 7
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 12:53:13 pm »

I would dump NetScape and use Mozilla instead. I use Moz & IE6 interchangeably. Latest Moz is very stable, and so far haven't had any problems w/ plugins.

Xenno

edit> Misread your post - confused MJ plug-ins with browser plug-ins. I would still switch to Moz (or IE6). My default browser is IE - so thats what opens when I Interact or get plug-ins.

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 12:56:47 pm »

Or get the sillydog Netscape7[without the aol s..t]

www.sillydog.org.

Concerning your problem ,MJ is ,first of all an IE integrated program[or the opposite].There is  no other ways that the one you use to get the plugings

dlbarron

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2002, 05:07:40 am »

Oh well.  I've switched back to using IE as my default browser, so the plug-in installs will work now.  Thanks for the input.
Pages: [1]   Go Up