INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: can MJ has his own 'cdplayer.ini'?  (Read 1065 times)

zevele10

can MJ has his own 'cdplayer.ini'?
« on: October 07, 2002, 07:34:14 am »

cdplayer.ini,the Windows great feature has a 64 kbs maximum size.
If you play your cds with MJ,means you can put only around 399-400 cd infos,not that much

RealJukebox had his own 'cdplayer.ini' in the RealJukebox program file folder .

I do think that MJ has to take the same way.Don't make sense to be a Mega Media Player for cds,Dvd and to be bound to this stupid 64 kpb folder

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: can MJ has his own 'cdplayer.ini'?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2002, 12:13:14 pm »

MJ has it's own removable drive database with unlimited size. It just utilizes cdplayer.ini to grab information for a CD that it hasn't seen before, if it can't find the information from YADB or CD-Text. It also stores information there (if it can) so if you erase your MJ database it can get the info from cdplayer.ini. Sort of a backup database.
MJ is not dependent on cdplayer.ini.

John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

zevele10

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2002, 12:48:37 pm »

So,if i understand well.
If i use only MJ to get infos for my cds,i do not care  about 'cdplayer.ini'?
In this case i can even delete it if i have problem with the maximun size of 'cdplayer.ini'?Or empty it?

But no other player would be able to get infos from the MJ removable  drive database?

Means that if i want to rip a cd not using MJ,the ripersoftware would not see the MJ data base?

How can you backup the Mj data base?

Sorry bout all this questions,but i print it to have definitives answers to read,learn.

And soon i will start to ask about tags...the more i read ,the less i understand....

Bluesman

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2002, 10:38:54 pm »

As previously mentioned, cdplayer.ini doesn't appear to have a size limit in Win ME and later.
I think cdplayer.ini should be retained   as it's pretty universal and a good back up.
What I would like to see are some options in how&when  MJ talks to it.  What I mean is - I would like to be able to set it so that MJ might look at cdplayer.ini first if desired. Most of the info I want for MJ could come from my existing database which already updates cdplayer.ini, saving me going on the net, in some parts of this world (including Australia) it costs to be online & and ties up a phone line.

regards,

Geoff
Is there any other music besides Blues?

zevele10

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2002, 03:55:44 am »

If you are right,and i do think you are,i understand why all searchs about 'cdplayer.ini' give only 'cdplayer/ini' under Windows 95.
Anyway i will se how big my file wouls be after 1000+ cds infos inside.
Concerning your problem with MJ[on the other post],you may open a new topic.Your question is lost in all the answers
Pages: [1]   Go Up