INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feature Request: Label as Standard Tag  (Read 763 times)

davisford

• World Citizen
Feature Request: Label as Standard Tag
« on: July 22, 2005, 11:54:12 pm »

Hi, I know it has been requested before -- I know I can create my own fields for tagging, but I would really like to know why "label" -- as in record label is not a standard tag for MC?  I am sure it is not a standard tag for ID3, but it could map to the publisher tag they define:

See: http://www.id3.org/id3v2.4.0-frames.txt
4.2.4 TPUB Publisher

That said, is there documentation anywhere that describes the tag fields and if they do/don't map to id3 standard tags...curious only so I spend time on a tagging structure that is more standardized so other media players will read the tags.

Rationale for request: I have a library of over 25K songs -- all complete albums.  It is hard to find things...and some record labels consistently put out quality stuff.  I find myself ready to delete something until I find that it is released by a label I typically find solace in...then I'll give it a second look.  I'd like to create playlists based on record labels for this purpose.

I've added a 'label' tag, but just re-installed MC, and now I think I have to re-import every song and hope it finds the label field.

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Feature Request: Label as Standard Tag
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 08:55:34 am »

You may also want to keep regular backups of your library, Just in case.     ;D
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up