INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: play count problem  (Read 1875 times)

maruf_65

• Recent member
  • its all coming back to me
play count problem
« on: July 26, 2005, 11:16:21 pm »

well i guess mc has a problem with playing counting. may be i played a song 10 times but it shows 1/2 times which is preety odd.
winamp is very good in playing counting. if i click a song in winamp library instantly it increase the number of playing of that song

i want this feature to be modified.

---------------------------------------
well i wanna say again if anyone have the customize previewing mode plugin then i'm requesting him to give me a link
i visited kingsparta mc plugin site but there is no plugin.
i'm new in the forum. so i'd be very greatful if i'm helped
-----------------------------------------------

i'm facing the importing media problem again.mc didnt search in deep of a folder. often i had to manualy import new song

lOth

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: paly count problem
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 04:36:41 am »

well i guess mc has a problem with playing counting. may be i played a song 10 times but it shows 1/2 times which is preety odd.
winamp is very good in playing counting. if i click a song in winamp library instantly it increase the number of playing of that song

I don't think MC has a problem. The approach is just different than in winamp. MC considers you've listened to a song once you've listened to it, that is when you're done playing the full file.

BTW, there's a problem (this time) I see with this approach: when MC fails to play a file (e.g. because your soundcard doesn't support the sampling rate you've chosen in de DSP) the playcount still increases for the files you've failed to play. Trying to fix my DSP configuration I ended up having some files "played" like 20 times although I couldn't listen to them. Is there a way to edit the playcount manually to fix this? I don't want to reset the playcount to 0, I'd like to set it to whatever figure I'd like.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2005, 05:57:13 am »

I don't think MC has a problem. The approach is just different than in winamp. MC considers you've listened to a song once you've listened to it, that is when you're done playing the full file.

Almost correct. Actuallly MC adds the play count if the track was played over 50%.

BTW, there's a problem (this time) I see with this approach: when MC fails to play a file (e.g. because your soundcard doesn't support the sampling rate you've chosen in de DSP) the playcount still increases for the files you've failed to play. Trying to fix my DSP configuration I ended up having some files "played" like 20 times although I couldn't listen to them. Is there a way to edit the playcount manually to fix this? I don't want to reset the playcount to 0, I'd like to set it to whatever figure I'd like.

You could reset the play count and quickly advance the track a few times.

You should always make a new library backup immediately if you suspect a problem. Make a library restore after the problem is solved. That will restore the play counts too.

I make library backups all the time. I keep about the ten latest available. If MC hangs I always make a restore after restarting. Sometimes the library gets corrupted if MC was saving library files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2005, 06:09:25 am »

...well i wanna say again if anyone have the customize previewing mode plugin then i'm requesting him to give me a link
i visited kingsparta mc plugin site but there is no plugin.
i'm new in the forum. so i'd be very greatful if i'm helped

What you want to preview?

i'm facing the importing media problem again.mc didnt search in deep of a folder.
often i had to manualy import new song

Can you give any more details. File type? Name and path? The selected import options?

I use always manual importing. I right-click the new files or folders in Windows Explorer and select Media Center > Import. (MC's shell integration must be enabled in MC Options.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

lOth

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2005, 06:31:39 am »

You could reset the play count and quickly advance the track a few times.

thanks for the tip. thankfully I only had 3 files affected with a playcount between 15 and 18. I still think it could be handy to be able to edit the playcount by typing.

You should always make a new library backup immediately if you suspect a problem

Will do. thanks again for the advice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up