INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging Multiple Artist CDs  (Read 840 times)

rphinson

• Recent member
Tagging Multiple Artist CDs
« on: August 01, 2005, 12:04:56 pm »

When in Library Browser>Artists most multiple artist CD's fall into a unique (Multiple Artist) listing, about the only thing with your software I don't like. Then I ripped a CD with multiple artisits which was not put in (Multiple Artists) but any track with different artisits was listed seperately in Library Browser>Artists, how I prefer it. How can I tag the others in (Multiple Artists) so they do the same; viewable in Library Browser>Artists and removing the (Multiple Artist) selection?

And props to your software, my friends and I are huge music collectors and own computer businesses. We've tried the others and settled on yours. We like it so much we've began installing your trail version on new builds. Thanks for making software that doesn't install sick amounts in the registry, hog the processor, prevent clean shutdowns, can play the whole library without a pause, track tags quickly, and uninstalls cleanly.

Thanks,
Ryan

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Tagging Multiple Artist CDs
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 04:00:03 pm »

To Do Muilti Tagging (I have not used MJ8 in over 4 years) but if i remember correctly select the files, right click, properties

my friends and I are huge music collectors and own computer businesses. We've tried the others and settled on yours.

Media Center Is Much Better When Tagging, and many other things, it is also newer
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

rphinson

• Recent member
Tagging is easy, tagging it like I want...
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 12:48:07 am »

Thanks for the quick response. Sorry, I am not using Media Jukebox I am using Media Center so maybe this is the wrong forum. If so maybe you could redirect me.

I am using Media Center 11, the newest update, and tagging is easy. It is tagging a multiple artist CD so that in the Library Browser>Artists view there is no (Multiple Artist) catagory, i.e. a track by Radiohead off of a Soundtrack with other artists is listed under Radiohead and the other songs under their respective artists; also a Ella Fitzgerald CD with a couple of tracks featuring Luis Armstrong is listed in Library Browser>Artists as Ella Fitgerald then Ella Fitzgerald with Luis Armstrong as opposed to being lumped into (multiple artists) with my Tribute to the Ramones, etc.
I know it is possible because some CDs are listed that way, only most aren't. I can't figure out the difference.

I am hoping to make the (multiple artist) catagory disappear.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Tagging is easy, tagging it like I want...
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 10:00:31 am »

...It is tagging a multiple artist CD so that in the Library Browser>Artists view there is no (Multiple Artist) catagory...

Library Browser uses the Album Artist (auto) field for the artists' names. You can override that by filling the Album Artist field. I usually add something else there instead of Multiple Artists. I use the name of the DJ, main artist, series name etc. However I always use the same name for all tracks. E.G. my album artist for the "A Tribute To Ramones" album is "A Happy Family". (Taken from the album name.) I don't use Library Browser much and I have never used it for searching artists. For me, it doesn't matter how MC shows the artists there.

If you like to make "multiple artists" disappear and use individual artists' names instead you need to select all tracks that have (Multiple Artists) in the Album Artist (Auto) field and copy the contents of the Artist field to the Album Artist field using the Move/Copy Fields tool. The downside is that those albums will no longer have a common album artist.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up