INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WMA license bug in MJ??  (Read 1653 times)

ailango

• ta.ta.taa.daa.. ...ta.ta.daa.da a.....ta.ta.taa .daa.
WMA license bug in MJ??
« on: October 05, 2002, 02:23:38 am »

Hi all,
       I have been having trouble since I downloaded the WMP9. Initially MJ just used to crash if i played any WMA(encoded in version V8 ), now with the new patch (382) it plays a few files in the playlist and then comes back with a wierd error message and skips the track:

Playback Engine: Media Jukebox is unable to acquire license for this file
Windows Media Error: 0x80070020

I did not add any digital rights management when I encoded the WMAs. The funny thing is if I stop playback and go back to the same song that caused the error, it seems to play okay. It seems to be quite random and I am not able to reproduce it in any file. In a 100 song WMA playlist this might occur like 20-30 times. Besides not playing all the files, its quite annoying to close the error dialog box every time this happens. A few times MJ has crashed too.

Has anybody had the same problem? Have you been able to reproduce it consistently?

ilango.

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.382
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Unknown 996 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 272 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: WMA license bug in MJ??
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2002, 03:32:24 am »

Other people have seen this.  Our theory is that WMP licensing may have some bugs.

Did you try Microsoft or searching the Internet?

Hopefully this problem will go away when the new SDK comes out from Microsoft.

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2002, 06:22:41 am »

I had this problem, and others related to it.  I had to use XP's restore function to get WMP9 off my computer then everything was fine.  Good luck.

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2002, 08:54:39 am »

I reported on this problem on many MJ 9 builds ago & am still having it on the latest build.

What I don't understand is why I can double click on the very same song that got the error & it will play perfectly.
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

ailango

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2002, 09:42:14 pm »

Glad to hear I am not alone in this. I did'nt put a restore point when I installed WMP9(dumb me!!) because I dont have enough disk space in my notebook hard drive. For the same reason I chose WMA "CD quality" 64kbps instead of MP3 to encode my CDs - dumb me again!!! Now I am stuck.  :'(
    The problem seems to occur when MJ is buffering the next song. Jim, I am just speculating here but since this and other problems are random, from a purely statistical point of view if you retry acquiring the license say three times before giving up the chances of success might be higher - might atleast mitigate the problem for now.

ilango.

Nikolay

• Former CTO, JRiver, Inc.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2002, 05:20:54 am »

We've tried to reproduce the problem but to no avail.
We'll do more testing.

Nikolay

DocLotus

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2002, 10:34:44 am »

WMA Licensing Error Fix... I Think? ?

Some WMA files produce a license error & won't play automatically but the same file will play when you double click on it

I think I have found the problem... it seems to be associated with Windows Media Player 9 Beta.

The fix (seems to work for me; so far) is as follows...
* Go to WMP (version 9 beta) Tools / Options / Copy Music and uncheck the 'Protect Content' box.

Let me know if this fixes the problem for everyone.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

ailango

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2002, 12:42:19 pm »

WMA Licensing Error Fix... I Think? ?

Some WMA files produce a license error & won't play automatically but the same file will play when you double click on it

I think I have found the problem... it seems to be associated with Windows Media Player 9 Beta.

The fix (seems to work for me; so far) is as follows...
* Go to WMP (version 9 beta) Tools / Options / Copy Music and uncheck the 'Protect Content' box.

Let me know if this fixes the problem for everyone.

Nope does not work for me... Protect content had already been unchecked in my machine. Thanks anyway.

Ilango.

DocLotus

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2002, 05:21:27 pm »

Hi Ailango;

One more thing you might check is to look at the Properties for any file that brings up the License error.  Look at the Format screen, only the first item (Seekable) should say True, the other three should say False.  If you have a file that is different that this, select Tools, Clean File Properties.

Also, I have Ripping/Options/Encoding/Advanced/Enable Personal Rights Management check box turned off.  This can also cause some problems with licensing.

Don't know if this will help or not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up