INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offline files again  (Read 1325 times)

sherbs

• World Citizen
Offline files again
« on: March 15, 2006, 01:59:54 pm »

Some of my video library is on a portable Firewire drive. I just started MC11.1.40 with the drive turned off and all the offline files were marked with a red cross icon, fair enough. I was then going to do an import and clicked on my recently imported button to check what was there first and in the split second it took to change windows, I could have sworn all the tags for the offline files went blank. Sure enough, when I went back to the library, all the offline files were gone. I closed MC down, switched the drive on and restarted MC. Still no files from the portable drive.

I'm guessing only a backup restore will sort this out but this shouldn't be happening, right?

Thanks

sherbs

• World Citizen
Re: Offline files again
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 04:41:03 pm »

I think I should point out that this has happened a few times, also with previous builds.

MC's problem or mine?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2006, 08:46:42 am »

OK, I'm now thinking this might have something to do with broken links.
I just restored my library (with portable drive switched off) and all files were back, with red crosses. Switched a few views and they were still there then did an import. Import window tells me over 600 broken links had been removed, ie my offline files.

So, is this how things are supposed to work and can I only do an import with offline files connected?

Check the Advanced button in the import dialog window. There's an option for disabling the broken links removal.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

sherbs

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2006, 08:54:53 am »

There's an option for disabling the broken links removal

I was just looking at that and that might explain some of the library losses but my first post concerned losing the offline files without doing an import. All I did was switch views and caught a glimpse of the offline files' tags disappear as the view changed. There was no window informing that any links had been removed.

I now have another question. When a library is loaded with offline files and then the drive is switched on, how do I refresh the library and get rid of all the crosses?
Pages: [1]   Go Up