INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mac vs. PC  (Read 1076 times)

Pink Waters

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Mac vs. PC
« on: August 06, 2005, 08:10:03 pm »

Well, I haven't been around these parts in quite some time (being a Mac user now), but I would vote (and did vote) that Interact should stay.
Do you find Mac better than PC ?
Tamer

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Mac vs. PC
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 08:58:47 am »

I've been a long-time Mac user and a long-time MJ/MC user...

My $.02 is that I enjoy using my Macintosh for everyday computing tasks. It doesn't seem to be a chore to accomplish something when I'm working on my PowerBook.

I do have 2 Windows machines, one runs Media Center and assorted A/V programs. It's basically an HTPC (Home Theatre PC). The other is my media server -- it just sits in a closet with 1.5TB of storage.

I don't use the Windows machines in the same fashion as my Mac at all. I view them as merely tools to accomplish some very specific tasks. I don't like to mess with them (which is why it always pains me to see a new beta of MC coming out--it means I have to wrestle with my HTPC).

For day-to-day work, I use the machine that doesn't fight with me--my trusty PowerBook!

brad

geekbeats2

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2005, 08:25:52 pm »

theyre both pretty much equal when it comes to performance. i work with both macs and pcs, and when pushed to their limits they both pretty much suck...that said generally pcs are easier to maintain. parts and software are easier and cheaper to replace (emphasis on software: legal or not) on pcs.  another argument for people who care is the endless variety of games available for pc that are not available for macs. macs of course are beautiful pieces of industrial design and many people overlook the previously mentioned faults and expensive price tag because of this.
toe 6 pillow knight Jr l night toothpick kill igloo

crowfan

• Galactic Citizen
  • For every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you.
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 11:40:58 am »

Well, to be honest, I really do love my Mac.

I got the 17" iMac G5. I like the way it works better than a PC. Things are generally smoother, look better, and I like the way the software is all integrated on the Mac. The iApps are fantastic. It's a solid machine that looks and functions great.

PCs are more customizable/upgradable, and I like that. But overall I like the Mac better.

iTunes is not as robust as MC but it is nice. It is great at what it does, but it doesn't do anywhere near as much. I miss MC.

Do I like my Mac better than my PC?  Yes. But if I had to go back to a PC tomorrow, I wouldn't be devastated.
"It's going to be a trilogy."   Robert Jordan, circa 1989
Pages: [1]   Go Up