INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Multiple video playback in different zones  (Read 1144 times)

samwin241

• Recent member
Multiple video playback in different zones
« on: August 29, 2005, 07:01:47 pm »

Have been testing MC, with playing video in different zones.
Can anyone pls explain how or if possible, is there a limitation with MC?
I'm testing on a Pent-4 -3GHz HT with 512Mb, 80Gb SATA and matrox G450 PCI + Radeon 9550 AGP. Both cards are dual head, so 2 video outputs from each card. With a multi-audio sound card - Echo Gina24 (PCI) with 4 audio analogue audio outputs.
Zone number 1 - setup to use 1 audio out from Gina, playing music (mp3) and music video (mpg)
Zone number 2 - setup to use another audio out from Gina, playing another music video, no mp3
Zone number 3 - uses another audio out from Gina, playing video only - no audio
Zone number 4 - uses the last audio out from Gina, playing video only

I've managed to get it working, but what happens is that when music videos are playing in two zones, then both audio comes through on Zone 1. I've already configured MC to handle the sound out from each zone and assigned it to the relevant output on the Gina. Also noted that some video won't play in some zones when they are already playing in another. Appears to be codec related, does MC only handle one instance of a video codec?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Multiple video playback in different zones
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005, 08:25:08 am »

Sound from videos can't currently get routed to specific zones because it's not running through the MC audio engine -- just the DirectX engine.  However, this is something we'd like to change in a future version.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

samwin241

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005, 09:20:49 pm »

kool  ;D, is there also a way to start all zones playing automatically on startup.
I've looked at the command line for MC11.exe but can't initiate using the parameters available. I need to start certain playlists playing in certain zones at specific times of the day. Could find parameter in forum anywhere or maybe just syntax error, can you pls post a sample syntax to initiate zones playback, cheers
and please update as to when you will b able to route through MC audio engine instead of directx.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 01:32:47 am »

You should use Girder for that stuff. And the command line problem may be because you use a version prior to 313, which fixed an error in that respect.
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system
Pages: [1]   Go Up