INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Finding missing CUE tracks  (Read 872 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Finding missing CUE tracks
« on: September 14, 2005, 02:26:09 am »

Now that i'm done importing several hundred cue albums, i set about to find a way to identify missing cue items. A check of sorts in case of an accidental move.

For starters the standard expression to find missing files won't work as MC considers all imported CUE tracks as missing. So i had to modify it to

[=IsMissing([Filename])]=1 -[CUE Track]=[Y],[Y(virtual)]

to find non-cue tracks. [CUE Track] as per Alex's suggestion is a custom field (set to Y ) used to denote a cue track. So the above expression filters them out.

To find  missing CUE tracks i had to get a bit more creative. It occurred to me if you move a cue album then the previous Filepath would be different to its current path, so why not make an expression that tests for this. I would need to store the original path in a custom field say [Cue Path] and then a smartlist to check for a differenrce would show what was missing

[=IsEqual([CUE Path], FilePath([Filename]),0)]=0 [CUE Track]=[Y]

But for some reason this does not work, even tho the two paths are the same the expression still displays all cue items.

As a workaround i had to resort to using the cue album instead of the cue tracks to tell me indirectly that a cue album has been moved.

[=IsEqual([CUE Path], FilePath([Filename]),0)]=0 [CUE Track]=[Y(source)]

This works, but is not as ideal as having the actual missing CUE tracks displayed.

I am not sure why the expression works for actual files but not when applied to cue tracks  ?

Could it be since MC considers cue tracks missing by default that expressions on them are not recognised.
Pages: [1]   Go Up