INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving views  (Read 818 times)

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
Saving views
« on: August 06, 2005, 04:56:18 am »

Hi,

I've been using MC for two years now and currently have 11.0.309.

I've lost track of the number of times I've used "Customise Current View", and saved it, only for the view setting to reset a few weeks or so later.

Does anyone know what makes MC reset all the view settings? Installing a new version?

Thanks,
Ed.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Saving views
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2005, 03:04:11 pm »

Would saving the view as a preset for columns & sorting in the Customize Current view dialog work ?

Would these presets be preserved in the library so on an upgrade you would just need to apply those presets to get your views back ?

Of course you would need to go into each view and apply the preset and then save as for this location. Better than trying to remember column order or the way you sorted them.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Saving views
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2005, 11:27:32 pm »

I seem to have this problem periodically too... I typically blame my wife ::) ...but sometimes they seem sorted in ways I think she would never choose.  Also, it seems to reset to default some of the Columns To Show settings for no apparent reason (which I know she wouldn't do).

Now, I do have some weird Library-sharing massaging that goes on periodically with my computers, but I think the "Customize Current View" settings are stored in the HKCU/Software/JRiver/ registry tree, so those shouldn't mess with it.

Is it related to upgrades to new builds?  I've never been able to track a 1:1 correlation, but... It is annoying.  It would be nice if there was some way to define your own default settings for that dialog, so that if it reset, you could at least have them close to the way you want them.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up