INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Import  (Read 941 times)

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
Problems with Import
« on: August 06, 2005, 02:30:21 pm »

I find this strange. In my APE's folders every album looks like this: in 1 directory there are APE files, album.m3u playlist, album.log (created by Exact Audio Copy when CD is grabbed) and album.cue cuesheet (also created by EAC).
Now if I import such a single folder (Import into library), some weird non-existing *.WAV files can be seen (in Drives & Devices) within this folder. Apparently those have something to do with the *.cue file because if I move the *.cue file elsewhere, once the folder is re-imported, those *.WAV files are gone.
I tried to tweak setting for Import and eventhough I checked ONLY Monkey's Audio (ape,apl,mac), those *.WAV files did appear...

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Problems with Import
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2005, 04:12:12 pm »

Here we meet again...  ;D

It is because of the cue files. MC can make virtual library tracks by reading cue files.

At Drives & Devices you can see all disk files including the virtual cue tracks even the files are not yet imported.

At Media Library/Advanced/Hard Disk Location you can see only the imported files.

If you have accidentally imported cue tracks you can find them by using this search string: [Filename (name)]=.wav;
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Johnny B

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Problems with Import
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 09:39:44 am »

Indeed we do  ;)

I see... I got confused seeing those *.WAV files (Drives & Devices)
In Media Library only those files I want are imported

Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up