INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags being changed when dropping into library  (Read 871 times)

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
Tags being changed when dropping into library
« on: August 11, 2005, 09:48:21 am »

I ripped the new Hootie & The Blowfish CD in RealPlayer 10.5 as 192Kbps AAC files.  I then dropped the album folder into my MC11 library.  When I do this, however, the album tag gets messed up.  In this case, the album displays as "...And Justice For All".  It's very possible that I dropped the folder onto the "..And Justice For All" entry in the media browser.  Does MC11 have the option of updating tags by dragging and dropping like Anapod Explorer does?  If not, then I guess this is a bug.

Galley

• Galactic Citizen
  • Insert witty text here
Re: Tags being changed when dropping into library
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2005, 09:54:01 am »

Also, MC is not finding the image.  I have the image stored both in the file and as "Folder.jpg".  All I see is the default AAC file icon.  :'(

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2005, 11:45:14 pm »

It's very possible that I dropped the folder onto the "..And Justice For All" entry in the media browser.  Does MC11 have the option of updating tags by dragging and dropping like Anapod Explorer does?

Yes.  That's one of the simplest ways to tag files in MC.  If you drop it on any of the "selections" in the Media Browser or the Tree View it will assign all applicable tags.  This is nice for assigning a bunch of them all at once (I use it for TV Shows quite a bit ... Assigning a new show to: Genre: TV, Corporation: HBO, Artist: Six Feet Under, Album: Season 5 all with one drag-drop into one of my View Schemes, for example.)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 02:00:04 am »

Where can i find more info about this tagging via drag and drop ?

I might use it if i understood completely what it does.
Pages: [1]   Go Up