INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cannot read cdplayer.ini  (Read 2000 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
Cannot read cdplayer.ini
« on: August 12, 2005, 08:27:01 am »

Last night I tried ripping a CD in version 310 and unfortunately it didn't find the information in YADB. OK fine, I'll use another program to grab the contents and populate cdplayer.ini. I verified the information got put into cdplayer.ini. In fact I used a second program that read the information from cdplayer.ini okay. Now in MC I right-clicked on the CD drive that had the CD and selected the option to update with the cdplayer.ini information. It came back that it couldn't find the CD information. Closing MC and reopening a number of times still had the same problem.

I have never done this before, as I always ended up typing in the CD info, so I may have done something wrong or there may be a problem with MC. Any ideas?
Jeff
Jeff

LonWar

Re: Cannot read cdplayer.ini
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 08:38:54 am »

What's the other program?

I haven't been able to use this with WMP, but MMJB worked....
-

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 09:08:17 am »

MC can read the cdplayer.ini file. Perhaps the other program did not write the info in a compatible format.

Here I explained what programs I use: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=29099.0

It is interesting that WMP does not use the cplayer.ini file even it is a Windows standard. It is possible to get FreeDB and Gracenote info into cdplayer.ini, but not info from MS. MS is supposedly using a proprietary database so that would be a nice add.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2005, 07:41:20 am »

What's the other program?

I first used dbPowerAmp Music Converter which created the cdplayer.ini entry. I was going to go get AudioGrabber to install but since I knew dbPowerAmp already read from freedb, and had done that before, I used that.  I think I will install AudioGrabber for next time though. Right now I can't remember what other program I used that read the cdplayer.ini file correctly as I'm at work now.

But interesting the thought that perhaps it didn't write the info in a compatible format. I ripped another one, a CD  ;D, last night with MC so I'll see how it created the cdplayer.ini format and compare the two.

Just a question now though. Since I first tried with MC and it didn't know the CD, would that mess up cdplayer.ini so that after cdplayer.ini was correctly updated with another program that it wouldn't be able to read it?  Like it was saying, hey I know this wasn't in cdplayer.ini so I'm not looking again?
Jeff
Jeff

dcwebman

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2005, 08:59:04 am »

I compared the two entries in cdplayer.ini and couldn't really see any difference except dbPowerAmp had put more keywords in which I assume MC would just ignore. I still don't know why the function of reading from cdplayer.ini didn't work. Guess I'll try again on the next CD it has problems with.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up