INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.1.115  (Read 4408 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.1.115
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:16:45 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 11.1.  Your MC11.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

PRICES for MC11.0 and 11.1 are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

This latest build of MC11.1 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter111115.exe

11.1.115 (02/07/06)

1. Fixed: Resetting devices while viewing a handheld view could cause a crash.
2. Fixed: Handhelds would unexpectedly rerun smartlists when dropping individual files onto a device setup for sync. (causing confusing sync of random type lists)
3. Fixed: "Auto-sync on connect" handheld option was not functioning properly.
4. Fixed: Cover art would not always clear from the display once Media Center stopped playing.
5. Fixed: The player bar's spectrum analyzer could get "stuck" if you paused, quickly hid Media Center, and then showed it later.
6. NEW: Media Center uses relative paths whenever possible when building playlists on a handheld device.
7. NEW: Improved Media Center's handling of advanced relative paths in playlists.
8. New: Added a link to see the previous MC execution's log file.
9. Fixed: Cameras that specified a focal plane resolution but no focal plane units in their EXIF tag could cause a crash.
10. Changed: Tweaked the EXIF output for images. (Action Window > File Properties > File Type Info)
11. Fixed: In the library header navigation bar, the word "File" could get replaced by "Pane" in some cases.
12. Changed: Reworded the Options > CD & DVD Burning dialog to better encompass DVDs.
13. NEW: Added the ability to hot-swap language files to the Tools > Language menu.
14. Fixed: Media Center would not silently skip missing tracks during playback as expected.
15. Fixed: Importing DVD movies from hard disk not working correctly.
16. Fixed: CD and DVD Discs that were in the drive when MC started were getting named "Unnamed Disc" instead of the proper volume name.
17. Fixed: Library Server would not share certain content types (Direct Show).

11.1.114 (02/06/06)

1. Changed: People, places, events, and keywords are default search fields.
2. Fixed: Emailing multiple files at once from the "Send To" menu was not working properly.
3. Changed: Tweaked the Send To > Play menu layout.
4. Changed: Revised menu / toolbar customization tooltip text.
5. Fixed: Media Center could be slower to size than expected.
6. Fixed: Switching sample rates of audio files being played could cause audio corruption in some cases.
7. Fixed: QMB boxes now set focus to the edit field.  (Highlight it, too.)
8. Fixed: Search box is speedy again.
9. Changed: Search box no longer resizes.
10. Changed: The play shortcut in some Theater View or Windowed mode pages would play the files from the view selected in Standard View instead of the current playing now. (if this option was selected)
11. Changed: Theater View uses the same display mode (visualization, track info, etc.) as standard and full screen view. (Mini View still gets independent settings)
12. Changed: Revised the about dialog to contain a JRiver link in it.
13. Fixed: The recently imported playlist was not working properly.
14. Optimized: Much faster Theater View thumbnail operation.
15. Fixed: MC plays even more asx streams (Allmusic previews for example).
16. Fixed: Some iRiver iFP-type devices could cause Media Center to lock-up.
17. Changed: Replaced Podcast "Click to Download" with a "Download" button.
18. Fixed: Search control "Go" button would not appear as expected in non-file views.
19. Fixed: Long search control text could bleed on to the right border of the search control with some skins.

11.1.113 (02/03/06)

1. Changed: Added a tooltip to the top menu bar that explains that the bar is customizable. (shows after 2 seconds)
2. Changed: After editing an image, MC will save the previous tags into the updated file. (if you "Save As..." instead, tags will not be transferred)
3. Fixed: During FTP image upload, the progress display could show incorrect values.
4. NEW: Added .dvr-ms as a supported Windows Media Video file type.
5. NEW: Media Center does an OS-level eject on devices like an iPod when the system suports it. (so it's removed from the "Safely Remove Hardware" system, etc.)
6. NEW: Added the ability to eject drive-style handheld devices like a MuVo, Samsung, etc. (OS-level eject as well)
7. Fixed: After a "Save As ..." operation, the text on the title bar of Image Editor was messed up.
8. Changed: JPEG images are saved at higher quality in Image Editor.

11.1.112 (02/02/06)

1. Fixed: Video Podcasts get classified correctly on an iPod 5g.
2. Optimized: Improved the loading speed of the display menu that allows picking visualization, track info, etc.
3. Optimzied: Device enumeration now occurs in a low-priority background thread. (so a slow WMDM system won't stall the program)
4. Optimized: Janus-style devices synchronize their licenses in a background thread. (instead of blocking the program)
5. Optimzied: Improved initialization time of Janus-style handheld devices.
6. Fixed: The player area configuration menu could appear on mouse-up even if the mouse wasn't pressed down over the area.
7. Changed: Quick Play > Media Library > All Files now sorts the file list.
8. Fixed: When moving the mouse around in the player bar, the built-in spectrum analyzer could move faster than normal.
9. Changed: Covering the player window spectrum analyzer (or minimizing) completely stops all associated processing.
10. Changed: Spectrum analyzer is on by default in the player window. (click on it to turn it off)
11. Optimized: Built-in spectrum analyzer is fully threaded, so that it can never block the main program.
12. Improved: Library Server incorrect dialog message.
13. NEW: Podcast downloads are automatically suspended when an Internet connection is unavailable.

11.1.111 (02/01/06)

1. Changed: Removed Folder.jpg filtering on import.
2. Fixed: In-place editing the name field could start with the text scrolled to one side.
3. Optimized: Improved the speed of playlist transfers to a handheld. (still limited by handheld speed)
4. Changed: Video iPods now understand that they support m4v files.
5. Changed: Dropping files on MC that it can't parse / play no longer plays what was already in Playing Now.
6. Changed: Revised the columns shown in a CD view when doing an audio burn.
7. Changed: Reworked the data burning Action Window page.
8. Changed: Changing pane selections no longer presevers the selected file set in the file list.
9. Fixed: With Media Center maximized, switching from standard view to windowed view and back could leave an orphaned taskbar icon.
10. Changed: MC no longer attempts to play MP4 files with DirectShow, but instead always uses QuickTime. (too many buggy mp4 filters)
11. Changed: If attempting to test if a file can be played with DirectShow doesn't respond, MC will not try that file type again during the current run of the program. (to side-step buggy filters)
12. Fixed: Last Exit View works now.
13. Fixed: Default podcast filename is now [ymd] [title] instead of [ymd] [name].
14. Fixed: Podcast download now accepts the suffix of an Episode URL if it looks like a valid media type.

New Features in MC 11.1
Podcasting support, with OneClick Podcast subscription
Audible fully supported
Much improved handheld support for iPod, PlayforSure devices, and many others
User-configurable locations for media types on handhelds (edit pdt.xml file in MC directory)
iPod Shuffle and Nano support
Photos and album art on iPods that support it
Automatic backup of library
Directshow support for AAC files
Much faster handling of thumbnail images (requires one-time rebuild of thumbnails)
Integrated library and library browser system
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
Re: Media Center 11.1.115
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:48:33 pm »

4. Fixed: Cover art would not always clear from the display once Media Center stopped playing.

Looks good, I've tried several times and each time it's worked  :)

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 06:00:02 pm »

Thanks for the official LANGUAGE support in MC 11,1,115, I have sent a email with the newest German language file to the email address in the text file.

13. NEW: Added the ability to hot-swap language files to the Tools > Language menu.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 06:08:19 pm »

Thanks for the official LANGUAGE support in MC 11,1,115, I have sent a email with the newest German language file to the email address in the text file.

We'll put it in the next build.  Thanks for all your great work!

lucy1000

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 06:12:19 pm »

When I use the library browser and scrolling down, the tiles (thumbnails) disappear one by one, and when I use the alphabet search nothing happens after the letter A.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 06:14:09 pm »

When I use the library browser and scrolling down, the tiles (thumbnails) disappear one by one, and when I use the alphabet search nothing happens after the letter A.

Can you see thumbnails in panes view?  You could try resetting your thumbnails in Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase all thumbnails...

lucy1000

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 06:26:17 pm »

Can you see thumbnails in panes view?  You could try resetting your thumbnails in Options > Tree & View > Thumbnails > Erase all thumbnails...
Everything works fine in panes view but when I choose artist or album the first thumbnails shows, but when I scroll down they disappear one by one from upper left. Before I reach letter B it's all blank. When i click on it I just get a light blue square. I tried resetting the thumbnails. It worked just fine in v. 11.0

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 07:04:07 pm »

A couple issues with MediaServer streaming:

1)  When using Media Server to play wav files from a library on another system, MC puts a BIG gap in between songs.  MS is apparently not buffering the next song since during the pause in between each song, MC says "openning."  This does NOT seem to be a network/speed issue since if I simply access the songs directly with the second system, there the are no pauses in between songs.

In other words, if I open the "default" library (instead of using MediaServer) and navigate via "Drives and Devices" to the other system's drive and play the songs WITHOUT using MediaServer, there is no gap.  I'm playing the EXACT same files -- I'm just getting the gaps when playing it via MediaServer.  I posted having this same issue with MC10 a while back.

Oddly enough, mp3s seem to play back gapless now (even though mp3s are inherently problematic in this regard.)  The point to draw from this, however, is that MC apparently IS buffering the next song when playing mp3s since with no buffering, it would not be able to "instantly" start playing the next song.

2)  When playing wav files via MediaServer, the bitrate is not displayed.  If I access the SAME file on the other system via the network without using MediaServer, I can see the bitrate, which displays as 1411.  Using MediaServer, it displays as "?".
-------------------------------------------------------

"Current Song Status Bar" display issue:

Single slashes (i.e. "/") are not showing up in the current song display at the top of the screen.  The default setting includes "[Elapsed Time] / [Total Time]."  This, however, displays as "0:03   4:12" instead of "0:03 / 4:12" (i.e. no slash.)  The only way to get the slash to show up is to add a SECOND slash (i.e. "[Elapsed Time] // [Total Time]") in which case a single slash shows up.

Larry

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2006, 07:39:12 pm »

Same problem as in 11.1.113:

I have a problem that I first noticed in 11.1.111. When I browsing down through rows of thumbnails, fewer and fewer thumbnails are visibile in each row. For the first 8 rows, all thumbnails are visible. After that progressively more are mising until by about row 20 none are display. If I click on a blank spot in a row, a blue square is display. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well as deleting all of the thumnails and rebuilding. Only occurs if medium or large thumbnails used.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2006, 08:50:34 pm »

Could someone with the missing thumbnails send a screenshot to matt at jriver dot com?  Thanks.

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2006, 09:38:15 pm »

Added the ability to hot-swap language files to the Tools > Language menu.
If there is interest for supporting arabic language for the west side regions.. I can help.
Tamer

JONCAT

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2006, 10:14:42 pm »

"Fixed: Importing DVD movies from hard disk not working correctly."

I have a network drive with video files. MC imports them okay, but won't let me play dvd files. I don't get the "red x" either. It says they are there but gives me a location error.

Avi's and the like play great.

MC is also re-importing the same 672 files every time I Import Media (just did it 5x's in a row). In Depth summary is showing DVD files being re-importing as "new" although already in library.

Dr. C

Media Center Registered 11.1.115 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 11\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2482 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 408 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N: LITE-ON DVDRW LDW-811S    Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3520AW   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive N: LITE-ON  DVDRW LDW-811S     Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:40  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

doubrown

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2006, 10:34:38 pm »

Could someone with the missing thumbnails send a screenshot to matt at jriver dot com?  Thanks.

Done

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2006, 02:49:27 am »

Tree > playlists > playlist groups

When right clicking playlist groups for the first time, it can take a good 10 - 15 seconds for the menu to show. There's also something wierd going on with drag and drop.

I moved a smartlist from one group to another, then right clicked the smartlists' new parent. MC froze for quite some time, then politely informed me of where it had exported all my playlists to! I can't get it to do that again, but the massive right click delay after moving, then right click on parent is 100% repeatable.

Uwe

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2006, 07:03:48 am »

When opening an audio directory in Theatre View, there is a delay from 3 to 4 seconds. This delay also apears after opening ("open") this path or selecting an album. This effect attends since 11.1. only on my 633 MHz Jukebox. V. 11.0 acts normal.

After switching off the PC and starting it again with MC there's an Errorbox (Last shutdown....). I know, you change this behavior that this box only pops up every 2 or 3 time. I can't switch this box off without a keyboard or a mouse(Normally i don't have it at this place). Please disable this box like in 11.0.

Theese two things are the main reason why i do not switch from 11.0316 to 11.1 with my Jukebox
Thanks Uwe

Sauzee

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2006, 08:03:06 am »

VCD's - if VCD has more than one clip - MC can only play the first clip

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2006, 09:30:23 am »

Not sure which build this started on, but the repeat timer for key press with a remote control has changed.  Previously, the default 300ms worked fine.  Now 100ms will not produce a smooth scroll (just individual presses) and 50ms produces a jump of two lines at a time.

n

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2006, 09:56:15 am »

11. Fixed: In the library header navigation bar, the word "File" could get replaced by "Pane" in some cases.

Thanks for this - Now is there any chance you will address the thumbnail text in the library view?  I view a filename(path) view of my library, and all of the tiles display (for example) "C:\My Documents\Music...".

This is true even if I set it to large tiles.  Ideally, I would like to customize it to display/format album name, etc, like in panes view - but if we could it least get it to wrap to display the full path, that would be great.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2006, 01:39:32 pm »

Still seeing the problem where cover art is "sticking" when a subsequent audio file doesn't have cover art. I can provide a screenshot if needed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up