INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Palm Tungsten 3 export  (Read 894 times)

jolo

• World Citizen
Palm Tungsten 3 export
« on: July 02, 2005, 01:03:16 am »

:o
Is there any way that I can use the latest MC 11 to transfer some of my .oog files to my Palm PDA?
I have a USB cable, not cradle, that I use.

If not, not a giant deal. There is a great product for Palm PDAs called "SoftStick Export II" which allows my SD card to be seen as a hard drive, so I can drag and drop my .oog files to my Palm anyway.

I just would like to take advantage of the editing features that MC gives, please the convenience.

Thanks,

Jon

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Palm Tungsten 3 export
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 01:12:04 pm »

Jon,

If you have a way to make your PDA truly appear as a drive, then yes. Go to Tools->Options->Handhelds->Configure remote and fixed drives and browse to your device and then you can access it from MC.

Steve

jolo

• World Citizen
Re: Palm Tungsten 3 export
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 12:55:16 am »

Jon,

If you have a way to make your PDA truly appear as a drive, then yes. Go to Tools->Options->Handhelds->Configure remote and fixed drives and browse to your device and then you can access it from MC.

Steve

Steve,

This is pretty important to me as I use the 1GB card and the fantastic audio player for PDAs, Pocket Tunes which allows me to play  Oog Vorbis, MP3 and .WAV files and know can load streams as my mobile audio player.

One of the GREAT things is that I CAN have my 1GB flash card, while in the PDA, that contains all of my audio files be seen as a Drive wonderfully with this great software from a company called Softstick. It has eliminated any reason for me to remove my flash card to put into a USB card reader.

So I just go to Softick's Card Export II, click on connect, then immediately, I see the icon on my lower right hand corner come up in Windows XP and a new Drive is created in Windows. Then I just use Windows Explorer to transfer files back and forth as you would with and other drive.

Although when I tried it before, it really messed up the files being transfered. It appears that the Handheld transfer does some alteration on the files and does not do a straight through copy of files back and forth.   Plus as examples, it appears that MC really means mobile audio players like the iRIVER "MP3" players for a handheld.

I can try it again, but it would be great not to have to leave MC to transfer files back and forth.

Thanks a lot,

Jon
Pages: [1]   Go Up